Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

230 inch shot in minn

That was an interesting angle, curious of the story... I am not sure if I would've taken that shot? He is HUGE though, it's hard to say until I am in that situation.

So what do the experts here think that deer would score with the junk taken off? Awesome deer no matter what.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ibowbigbucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was that shot high and in the rear?brought the bruiser down, new kill zone i guess, nice deer. </div></div>

The shot placement was undoubtedly horrible. If he wouldn't of found it I'm sure he would not have gotten any sleep for a long time. Looks like he found it the next day which was a smart move to wait.
That's a true trophy tho and congrats........

I guess I just don't see it.........I'd of guessed 190 without any add-ons, and just couldn't find 40 inches of junk. I've been wrong before though.......still an awesome buck and a true trophy regaurdless of what he scores.

My buddy Ben arrowed this deer. The shot is actually better than it looks in the photo. The deer was at 7 yards and busted him right when Ben shot....he turned his body to run off at the exact time of the shot. It went through liver, lung and pretty much tore up the insides altogether. It was officially scored at 230 5/8 and 223 6/8 Net Non Typical. He is now waiting the 60 day drying period for a final score. Will likely be #2 or #3 in MN Archery. We used one of my cameras and were able to pattern when/where he was coming out. We have 500+ pics of him the 3 weeks leading up to the kill. Here are a couple of pics. Also, I am writing the article on this deer and it will be in NAW next year. It is a dandy. Just under 40 inches of extra stuff around the bases/brows. Just under 27 inch main beams. Let me know if you have any other questions.

HL1-1.jpg

hl2-1.jpg

hl3.jpg

I had 220 gross just judging and guessing measurments from the pic but i am guessing there is some junk that i missed, great deer, congrats.

Look at all that junk around the brow tines. Awesome deer. I think I would quit hunting if I harvested one like that.

An update for anyone that was wondering...

This buck was panel scored yesterday. It's the new MN state archery record!

Scored as a non-typical
226 3/8" net
233 5/8" gross

Congrats Ben!!!

For anyone that reads North American Whitetail, my article on this deer will be out in stores in about one month. It will be in the August issue and will hit the press by mid July.

love the photo of the shot, could be questionable placement, but he's dead, just reminds me of my biggest bow kill, entrance was about the same (not my intention but a long story) broadhead was sticking out about 1/2" right behind opposite shoulder 50 yard sprint and DRT dead right there. entire shaft was still completely intact, looked like he swallowed a blender.

Top Bottom