Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

236" buck killed by Pleasantville taken by DNR?

I remember hearing about this buck and reading about it on here earlier in the season. Heard tonight it was taken by the DNR and the hunter is in some serious trouble. Anyone know anymore about this?

I kinda of wish the Iowa DNR would have a "Wall of Shame" like some of the other states DNR offices do. I think it would help to discourage some poachers by making it public. I know it will not stop all poachers however but listing the name, fines, and lengh of time for lost hunting rights could serve as a deterrent from some would be poachers.

I kinda of wish the Iowa DNR would have a "Wall of Shame" like some of the other states DNR offices do. I think it would help to discourage some poachers by making it public. I know it will not stop all poachers however but listing the name, fines, and lengh of time for lost hunting rights could serve as a deterrent from some would be poachers.
i agree, but it also might irritate the hell out of all of us law abiding hunters out there to see how lenient the punishment actually is for most of these jackwagons!

What are they doing with the seized racks. They are the property of the citizens in Iowa and should be accounted for somewhere.

There is one every year at the Iowa Deer Classic

The story I heard was he shot it a few days before he bought a tag, and started telling people and taking pictures before he ever had a tag or a license. The DNR ended up pulling his phone records.

is this the deer
picture.php

Everyone makes mistakes. Please remember that before judging someone. I'm in no way condoning what the hunter allegedly did (innocent until proven guilty), but please remember that before judging someone to remember that nobody is perfect, nor will anyone ever be. 'A lot of people mess up, but not everyone gets caught.' - That saying rings true in so many different aspects of life, not only hunting, but tends to be something that many of us forget.

I agree with Sureshot and Bruce..but there is a tag on the antlers?? So he didnt skin it out or anything for a few days?? I guess I am lost on this one

I agree with Sureshot and Bruce..but there is a tag on the antlers?? So he didnt skin it out or anything for a few days?? I guess I am lost on this one

From above "The story I heard was he shot it a few days before he bought a tag, and started telling people and taking pictures before he ever had a tag or a license. The DNR ended up pulling his phone records."

I hunt around P'Ville and that's similar to the story I've heard as well.

I heard it had EHD and that is how he was getting pictures of it before season. It was so sick it wouldn't run off. All hear say but let's not burn him at he stake just yet.

Mobile Cooter using IW

I heard it was killed 3 days before season opened. But again it was heard from a person who knew a person that worked with a person. If this is not true would like to hear the true story

Top Bottom