Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3 pt. mount sprayer

hillrunner

PMA Member
I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with a 3 pt mount sprayer. The ones I am looking at are either 55 or 300 gallon. The 300 gallon operates from a pto pump and is a boom-less sprayer. Does anyone here have any experience with a boom-less sprayer? Are they as accurate as a conventional sprayer?
The 55 gallon is run by an electric pump. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Do they have enough pressure with the 12 volt hook up pump?
I will probably spray about 10 acres at the most at one time. thanks

I have never used either one but I wouldhave concerns about the boomless sprayer. Wind drift seems like might be a problem.

The smaller one most likely would work fine for smaller acreages like yours but I haven't used an electric pump either.

Perhaps someone else has used either one of these?

I run a 60 gallon mounted with an electric. Make sure you get a pump with a high flow rate. I think mine is 3.8 gpm and it will lite 7 nozzles at 20 psi.

I like lots of nozzles so I can keep the boom low and cut the drift as DBL mentioned. Low pressure helps as well. Fruit trees are not RR and I can prove it.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

P1010334.jpg

Sweet setup! I like the tank on the front out of the way.

Lot's of farm auctions this time of year and some times you can pick an old sprayer up for a song.

We bought this one for $30 and spent perhaps a $100 on hoses and nozzles but it works great.

00gallonsprayer.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Field Service</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run a 60 gallon mounted with an electric. Make sure you get a pump with a high flow rate. I think mine is 3.8 gpm and it will lite 7 nozzles at 20 psi.

I like lots of nozzles so I can keep the boom low and cut the drift as DBL mentioned. Low pressure helps as well. Fruit trees are not RR and I can prove it.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

P1010334.jpg
</div></div>

Can you adjust the boom height independant of the 3 point height? In other words does the boom slide up and down on the bar you have the top link hooked to?

Do you have any bracing from the tank mounts back to the tractor or just the "C" channel running out from the frame?

Looks good. Maybe a front view of the set up would answer my question about the mount.

Metal, welding rod and imagination, the three ingredients for fun.

EDIT: The fourth ingredient is TIME.

The 'Bonker

Yes, the boom is adjustable independently of the 3pt carrier. I pre-drilled holes and welded the nuts on the back of every hole. You know how those little pieced come up missing at the most critical times.

There are no extra supports from the bottom of the tank back to the tractor. The 3” channel is all that supports it. It’s quite stiff… I wanted 3 ½” channel, but the shop did not carry it.

P1010260-1.jpg

I have plans to make a small bracket on the rear of the tiller and disc to accept this sprayer boom. I will be able to spray and till with out hooking or unhooking anything or making a trip back to the shed. It’s the whole running back and forth, hooking and unhooking that kills my precious day light hours.

With the addition of the bracket on the rear of the tiller and disc, I will be able to mount the 3pt funnel broadcaster as well. : ) I will however have to find a 12v electric motor (with speed control)and attach to the pto input shaft of the broadcaster. See where this is going, yeah I’m lazy? Should be slick once it’s done.

Just replaced the head lights on Sunday, no more holding a flashlight in my mouth, trying to finish planting this year… It’s ruff having 45 year old equipment, always wrenching on it…

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Field Service</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I will be able to spray and till with out hooking or unhooking anything or making a trip back to the shed.

45 year old equipment, always wrenching on it…
</div></div>

Starting to sound like a farmer now! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Post some more pics when you get the "spray n till" ready to go. Some great ideas that everyone will be interested in. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Sounds great.

Speaking of 45 year old tractors, we should start a contest to see who uses the oldest tractor. Mine is a 1951 Oliver 88. Belive it or not, it is older than I am.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds great.

Speaking of 45 year old tractors, we should start a contest to see who uses the oldest tractor. Mine is a 1951 Oliver 88. Belive it or not, it is older than I am.

The 'Bonker </div></div>

I have a series III D-17, snap coupler "two-point" no power steering and no live hydraulics but I love old "Alice" to death! It too is older than me. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Speaking of 45 year old tractors, we should start a contest to see who uses the oldest tractor. Mine is a 1951 Oliver 88. Belive it or not, it is older than I am.

</div></div>

My dad had a super 88 w/ a 6 cylinder when I was a boy.He sold it about 20 yrs ago I still remember the black eye I got off the steering wheel. I'd like to track that tractor down someday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a series III D-17, snap coupler "two-point" no power steering and no live hydraulics but I love old "Alice" to death! It too is older than me. </div></div>

That's what I have except I've added an after market 3 pt conversion (and it is the same model year as me - 1963!)

Sweet tractors, I love mine to death. Where did you find the three point conversion for the D-17, or did you fab it yourself?

I have the 3pt model from farm king.
55 gallon tank 10 ft boom.you add the roller pump and you are good to go.
easy to use and works great.
doug

Top Bottom