Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

.350 Legend

Barrel length is an ATF fed thing. Rifles must have at least a 16 in barrel. 18 in for shotguns. Fed law supersedes state law. Don’t get in ATFs gun sights.

Thanks for the info. Found one with an 18" barrel that I think I'm going to scoop up. As for the hearing protection, I was around a couple during SG season this year and didn't think they were that bad. Equivalent to a .223. I've shot an AR-10 .308 before and that thing was stupid loud.

Here’s some ballistic data on .350 and .450. Not giving opinion on which someone should or shouldn’t shoot. Or all the +/- of either. I was curious on energy between the 2….
ff579020757a689ed035aea1eefac91d.jpg

c2ae587f4d78fa7ebfc1d0819871be7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s some ballistic data on .350 and .450. Not giving opinion on which someone should or shouldn’t shoot. Or all the +/- of either. I was curious on energy between the 2….
ff579020757a689ed035aea1eefac91d.jpg

c2ae587f4d78fa7ebfc1d0819871be7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be curious what the barrel length is for the .350 legend data. The longer the barrel the better the velocity because you get a more complete powder burn. Honestly I'd probably go 450 if I had a choice, but 350 allows you to use the same bolt carrier group as 5.56 in AR's, so that's a plus.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'd be curious what the barrel length is for the .350 legend data. The longer the barrel the better the velocity because you get a more complete powder burn. Honestly I'd probably go 450 if I had a choice, but 350 allows you to use the same bolt carrier group as 5.56 in AR's, so that's a plus.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, I researched all of this. Both will kill deer just fine out to 200 or 250. It all depends on where I place the shot. I read a ton and watched a bunch of videos. The big selling point was the difference in price of the rifles and especially the ammo. My 12 gauge slugs are $$$. I want something that I can plink with and won't cringe every time I squeeze the trigger. The 350 Legend wins hands down over the 450 Bushmaster.

Yeah, I researched all of this. Both will kill deer just fine out to 200 or 250. It all depends on where I place the shot. I read a ton and watched a bunch of videos. The big selling point was the difference in price of the rifles and especially the ammo. My 12 gauge slugs are $$$. I want something that I can plink with and won't cringe every time I squeeze the trigger. The 350 Legend wins hands down over the 450 Bushmaster.
Yea ammo costs get nasty. You should see what I'm paying for my 450 Marlin ammo. But the 3500ft/lbs is nice cause I'm lazy and hate tracking :D

Bought a 350 for the kids and a 450 for myself. I've read the 450 kicks less than a 20 gauge slug gun, which will be way less than the 12 gauge 3" I'm used to. The premium slugs we prefer can't be bought any longer, so made the call to transition to rifles.

Bought a 350 for the kids and a 450 for myself. I've read the 450 kicks less than a 20 gauge slug gun, which will be way less than the 12 gauge 3" I'm used to. The premium slugs we prefer can't be bought any longer, so made the call to transition to rifles.
I'd agree that the 450 kicks less than a 20, especially out of an AR platform with a muzzle device of some kind. I've got one in a Ruger American bolt action which is also a sweet shooting rifle.

I have no first hand experience, but I've heard the 350 is more prone to not cycling correctly in an AR.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I have no first hand experience, but I've heard the 350 is more prone to not cycling correctly in an AR.

I believe that is generally an issue when try and use either 223 mags or try and run more than 10 rounds in a mag. They don’t stack well.

I can confirm that. I bought a Bear Creek upper and that thing would not cycle maybe 15% of the time. Returned it and got a CMMG and have had pretty good luck with it up until a couple nights ago where it didn’t cycle after the first shot. Luckily I only needed one shot that night, but that’s my fear.

There are all kinds of theories on why it does it and how to fix it. Magazine mods, polishing feed ramps, polishing the chamber, buffer spring, bullet type.

Dang it guys. You've got me waffling between the 350 Legend and the 450 Bushmaster now. Even with hunting ammo prices being double from the 350 to the 450. Tripple for FMJ.

Never shoot a large caliber man, in this case deer, with a small caliber bullet. I have a 450 and love it. I’m not a big field hunter, usually in the timber or on small plots, so the 450 is for me.

Never shoot a large caliber man, in this case deer, with a small caliber bullet. I have a 450 and love it. I’m not a big field hunter, usually in the timber or on small plots, so the 450 is for
I don’t know the breakdown, but I’d guess it’s 50/50 on preference when you look up threads online. Some very good comparisons on YouTube.

Bottom line is one may be more lethal overall at long distances and short distances …and the other has less kick but is very effective out to 150 yards (as long as you hit where you aim)!!

Do you practice? Can you hit the boiler room?All factors in gun choice.

Last edited:
Both are great guns. Comes down to preference..

Check this out. My dad just came in. He’s carrying my 450 in AR platform. He dropped the mag and ejected the one in the hole and only the casing landed on the ground. Bullet in the barrel and powder throughout???

Shooting Hornady American Whitetail. I looked at the box and about a third of the rounds appear to have light primer hits. Idk. I got the bullet out of the barrel but man.

Last edited:
If I’m honest I probably should have avoided the AR platform. I carried one for 25 years and they MUST be cleaned constantly. I like dude proof weapons ie Sig Sauer, Remington 870 etc. lol.

I changed my mind and bought a 450 Bushmaster instead of the 350 Legend. If I and the kids don't like it, I'll pick up the 350 too. Not very expensive rifles.

Top Bottom