Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A couple of shotgun bucks! One with a limp!

i agree, looks like the deer was walking strait away from the hunter, not broadside. poorshot selection unless it ricoed off a tree or somthing. thank god it was harvested, for the animals sake !things happen, just hate to see it.

Congrats to your dad and Dan. I was wondering how you guys were doing.

O.K. so where is yours? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JETHRO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
O.K. so where is yours? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I'm just taking out the slickheads! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I've yet to find a broadhead in a buck or doe, I'm sure it's quite a shock when it happens. Great bucks!

Sounds nuts, but the first buck I ever harvested died with a shot like that. He was quartering away, probably a little more than I liked, but I had an opening. I pulled my shot just a bit and right in the ham. I got very lucky and hit the femoral artery. Died within 20 yards of the shot. Not saying the guy did the same thing by any means, but crazy stuff happens. Glad to see the animal was harvested and no longer having to endure a broad head in the rump. That would suck.

believe it or not but i have actually seen a article where a guy mentioned trying to take a buck in the femoral artery by shooting in in the rear....i couldnt believe it when i read it and unfortunately i knew a guy who shot one there and it fell about thirty yards away...the next year he tried it again and lost a nice buck...he was cured...at least this guy got taken and not the worse for wear either....congrats on a good couple of bucks guys

Top Bottom