Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

albino pheasant???

B

bowhuntinfool

i need to knwo because i wana go after him again tomarow !!!!! he'll be mounted for sure!!

It's not against the law if you shoot a albino pheasant... a friend of mine shot one a few years ago and it looked just like the one you described. So if you know where it's at go after it, and good luck. Just for my info... have you been seeing many pheasants so far?
flaming.gif

THIS IS THE NEATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!! Today my cuzins and I were pheasant hunting and scared up a rooster with white spots all over it, ( albino ) i didn't know what the HECK it was so i shot at it, but it was too far away to even think about hitting it, is this illegal to shoot it, or can u shoot albino pheasants, i knwo u cant shoot albino deer ????????

well the first opening day, i seen alot of hens and 2 roosters, got 1 then now i've been seing alot of hens and today i seen a total of 5 NORMAL roosters, and the albino rooster. and total i've only shot 2 the whole year so far

bowhuntinfool,

Yep...it's totally legal to shoot such a bird. About 3 years ago I shot a beautiful rooster that is about half white in the body and several white tail feathers. Even one very long tail feather that's half white and half normal. Very cool bird, and I didn't even know it when he got up. He now hangs on the wall in my "trophy room" and is always a conversation piece. I also found out that partially white specimens such as this are called "pied", not albino (all white). Go get him!!

NWBuck

P.S. Pretty good bird hunting around here right now. Shot my limit in about an hour Saturday morning.

Just my opinion, but I don't think its a good idea to go shooting at things you're not sure what they are.

i knew it was a damn pheasant i just didn't know if it was a rooster or hen !

So, you shot at a pheasant, even though you didn't know if it was a rooster (legal) or a hen (not legal) ?

i knew it was a rooster, but i never shot it, i shot at it, but didn't hit it. its still out their for me to go and get!

" I didnt know what the HECK it was so I shot at it,but it was too far away to even think about hitting it"

Uh.....doesnt sound real good to me.Lots of questions here like WHY? WHY? WHY? If it was that far away,why even shoot and risk the likelyhood of crippling it? Let alone not even knowing what it was! Do they have a Hunters Ed course in your town because maybe you need a refresher course. Hopefully you will learn from this and wont make the same mistake again.

sounds like a neat bird, but you should never shoot unless you are sure of your target, but we all make mistakes just make sure you learn from them.

So...do you realize yet that you made a mistake?? Next time you do dont come on here bragging about it and acting like a punk.Your lucky you didnt get flamed worse.

P.S. Dont tell people here to shut up.If you dont like it...dont post crap.

I use to work for the man who ownes HighlandHideaway hunting out side of River side, and out of the thousands of pheasantse we raised last summer, we had 2 black ones, well, really really dark brown. There were neat. It almost seemed the two black /brown roosters grew quicker than all the rest.
Good hunting
Jason V

leave the poor guy alone he just shot at a pheasant. or atleast he tried. what would u do if u saw one.

EXACALLY THANK U BUCKMASTER AT LEAST SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME P.S. WE SEEN HIM AGAIN LAST WEEKEND!!!! AND THE TOTAL FOR LAST WEEKEND WAS 4

If this had been a deer instead of a pheasant would you have taken a shot if you couldn't tell if it were a buck or doe and was so far away there wasn't a chance to hit it. I don't think so. I think you have been beaten up enough but all of us should think before we act , and before we start talking. All our game animals deserve our utmost respect.

dUDE BACK OFf. its a once in a lifetime deal. or in his case i geuss twice. im behind u all the way. and i think if i saw an albino deer i might take a shot, buck or doe. ive seen some albino turkeys id like to stick with my bow. get that bird this weekend and post some pictures up.

respect for the animal if he is the lucky one who gets the experience of shooting a 1in a million pheasant would be mounting it.

not for sure if i'm gona get another shot at this bird, but hopfully i will and your right it is a once and a lifetime bird. thanks for backing me up on this one!!

Top Bottom