Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ALERT: Branstand on Sportsmans Notebook

If you think it is tough to get permission to hunt places now and that a lot of land is being leased up by outfitters and nrs wait until they increase the out of state tags you haven't seen anything yet. In my opinion I think the way they have the tag limits and seasons set now are for the most part pretty good. Any resident deer hunter who cares should fight this tooth and nail cause I think Chet will be packing in a few months.

if the state needs more money, tax the bike trails . i dont ride a bike and have been paying for them for years. more out of state hunters? just lost my best hunting spot to a dream team . wont watch their shows anymore. triple the cost for a tag as well rasie insurance rates on leased grounds. then maybe we can get back to a hand shake and a lending hand.

I used to shine down the road Branstad lives on. The place is chalk full of does. I am sure he thinks he has a deer problem.

Hey guys why so much hate toward us NR hunters.

Use your search button......should be a few hundred thousand hours of reading for ya.:)

The Governor is the last link in the process. If you guys feel strongly about your deer tags, talking to your representatives keeps the pen out of any Gov's hand.

Tom Vilsack voted to veto the dove bill in 2000, brandstad was out of office. Brandstad worked to get one to his desk every year he was in office and, according to when I asked him last month, will again!!

This guy knows what he is talking about.We wouldv'e had dove hunting passed if it weren't for vilsack-which is typical for a liberal to veto a hunting bill.If anyone thinks culver will be a better fit for us sportsman you are wrong.Branstad was the one who participated in the governors annual deer and the governors annual pheasant hunt as well. Soon after vilsack ended the governor hunts in Iowa.We need more governors like branstad around the world, because he is a true sportsman himself, and believes in what is right to create and hold sustainability of Iowa's game animals. I do not believe he will sell us down the road to out of state hunters. Doesnt matter to those who are upset about it anyways, because we will have a new governor come next week whether you like it or not.

NR hunters

[. I am now a Minnesota resident and it costs me almost $600 for a deer tag, plus I can only come back to hunt once every 3 years or so. The answer is not allowing more nonresident tags, but there must be some way to allow for those of us who have friends and family in Iowa, while not rewarding wealthy nonresidents who Iowa Trapper's Assn, I always knew I had his ear and he was on our side.[/QUOTE]

Iowa1: I agree with you and here lies the major problem. If you grew up in Iowa and have family still living in Iowa, and you had to move out of state for some reason, you should still be able to come back and hunt with your family. The inner fighting is often between local residents and former Iowa residents, it will come to a breaking point. A lack of flexibility generally leads to a total reverse of law or policy, and I think that is where Iowa is headed because of this main issue. Note: I am not saying this to benefit myself as I have never lived in Iowa.

I am referring to archery hunting, as I am aware that a NR can buy a doe hunt and party hunt during the gun season with resident family and friends.

If you grew up in Iowa and have family still living in Iowa, and you had to move out of state for some

never gonna happen. If you want resident access, live in Iowa. The End.
:drink1:

No hate towards NRs, at all! I Just want it managed in order to maintain the great thing we already have. Over exploiting our tremendous whitetail resource WILL put us in the same ball park as IL, WI, MN, MO, etc....
:way:

I don't hate non-residents either. I had to wait 3 years for a DIY elk hunt and paid $550 for the tag and it didn't upset me a bit. I have hard enough time finding places to hunt without a couple thousand more out of staters leasing up all the land. Why do you think Van Buren has 4500 or whatever doe tags available. Could it be because all the land is leased.

never gonna happen. If you want resident access, live in Iowa. The End.
:drink1:

No hate towards NRs, at all! I Just want it managed in order to maintain the great thing we already have. Over exploiting our tremendous whitetail resource WILL put us in the same ball park as IL, WI, MN, MO, etc....

I was just going to say that. Well stated. We are not bashing out of state hunters it s just that we want to hunt mature deer close to home, and if everybody else in the country starts coming around then we ll have go further and further to find mature deer. It s kind of like work, I m happy with the region I work in because I don't have to travel farther than I really want to, but if a bunch of out of state contractors come in and under bid me I would have to travel away from family, which nobody wants. There are big bucks all over the midwest so find a good chunk to hunt in your state and hunt

Branstadt has my vote. This democrat run state and country has to STOP!!!

just lost my best hunting spot to a dream team . wont watch their shows anymore

I could name 50 I people I know personally, many on IWT, that could out hunt any dream team, any day. Dream Team my azzzzzz. Dreamin of thier own TV shoe prolly.

There's a ton more important reasons why I will vot for Brandstad but I would love to hear Branstad clarify his position. Thanks TH4 for posting a link for contacting him.

I want to remind people of the Iowa Deer Study Commission that was formed in 2008, because of the concern for the crop damage and auto insurance cost in the state of Iowa. I won't go into all the solutions that were suggested to curb the population, but you can look them up if you care. This was the largest attempt that i can ever remember to change the deer hunting laws in our state. All of this with state budget deficits and the DNR looking for more funding. I don't need to tell anybody who was governor during this period. If this is just an ugly rumor about a statement that Brandstad made; i would like it clarified also.

Hey guys why so much hate toward us NR hunters.

Ever hear the expression "Don't hate the player, hate the game"?

We don't hate NR's, heck, you are one of us. A hunter, outdoorsman, steward of the land, a "PLAYER". The game was established and has been doing fine with the number of players we've been using. Add too many players to a pre-determined field and believe me some guys are going to get benched! I don't want to be the one watching from the sidelines so as a resident of this great state I say keep the game the same!!! :way::drink2:

I could name 50 I people I know personally, many on IWT, that could out hunt any dream team, any day. Dream Team my azzzzzz. Dreamin of thier own TV shoe prolly.

There's a ton more important reasons why I will vot for Brandstad but I would love to hear Branstad clarify his position. Thanks TH4 for posting a link for contacting him.

X2. :drink2::drink2::drink2:

ahahahahaha, and the Liberals don't?????? Health Care, Stimulus, Cap and Trade.... the list gets MUCH longer...... :rolleyes:

Thats a huge Crock of %^&*

So make a difference and send him an email..... getting on here and making a decision about your vote based on HEAR-SAY is foolish....

No kidding man. And how is anyone going to vote for someone if they only know his/her stance on ONE issue?

Just ask PETA, Humane Society, and any anti-hunting or anti-gun organization which party they are with - liberal democrats.

Last edited:
ahahahahaha, and the Liberals don't?????? Health Care, Stimulus, Cap and Trade.... the list gets MUCH longer...... :rolleyes:

Thats a huge Crock of %^&*

So make a difference and send him an email..... getting on here and making a decision about your vote based on HEAR-SAY is foolish....

You might as well consider Branstad a shoe-in. Culver's hole is way too deep and I'd bet my last dollar he won't get re-elected, especially with a 30% something approval rating.... better get to work and let Branstad know!!!!

http://governorbranstad2010.com/contact-us/

please.....

I can't think of a larger special interst group than the insurance and pharmacuetical companies; yet health care passed. That tells me that laws can be made in this country to help the majority without big money backing it. The fact that the republicans are still fighting it should tell you something. You make it sound like the democrats got us into this huge mess we are in. I would be ashamed to show my face if i was a republican.

I would be ashamed to show my face if i was a republican.
:moon:
:D

Staunch, am I!

Unapologetic, am I!

Non-Kool-Ade Drinker, am I!

Damn Proud Reagan-Conservative American!

this is where I will refrain from further comment in this regard, you wouldn't understand anyways.....

I really want to be a republican but they sure make it tough with the candidates they come up with. After watching the governor debate the other night it blows my mind that Branstad is the best we can come up with.

Top Bottom