Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All day sits

75% if the days I hunt rut this year are all dayers counting those I slip in late because of thermals/bad winds whatever. Its nothing to sit all day when you kbow there are shooters arounf...compared to last year being a completely diff story lol

All dayers are tough. Did a couple this year and when I do I actually find myself reading hunting stories online, etc to pass the real slow times.

Killed my buck this year at 12:30 so sitting as long as possible is worth it

I was on vacation last week. Saturday the 4th I did and all day sit. The 5th I sat half the day, then the 6th through the 12th I sat all day everyday. After the first couple it isn't that bad to me. Biggest thing is just being sure you are comfortable, stand needs to be set so that you are comfortable. Just a slightly of center stand will drive you nuts.

Unfortunately I only picked up my bow once. Took plenty of pictures and video on my phone of deer in range though. Could have shot several 120s 8 pts. Had three close calls with two bigger bucks. One chased a doe in close but the dang doe didn't lead him through. She stopped for a few seconds to browse 10 yards in front of me and I was sure I was going to make it happen as the buck was approaching, but she ran off the wrong way.

Top Bottom