Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

anybody thought of...

peterb

my neighbor and i were shootin the breeze today and he said what if a guy would put up tree stands and put a blow up doll dressed in camo would the deer get the idea that a human is up there all the time and then after a while when the hunter would be in said tree stand the deer wouldnt think different? i got to thinkin and wow this guy just might have something, but just thinkin of carrying a blowing up a doll in the woods is pretty funny.

I can only imagine where this post is going to head
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can only imagine where this post is going to head
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Legends forum for sure
busted.gif

They used to sell something along these lines. I cant remember where I saw it but it was either camo or hunter orange.

Maybe it would work . . maybe not. But, it seems to me that if your stand placement was stategic and high enough, your main culprit would be scent and swirling winds. I don't worry about being seen nearly as much as being winded. Any other thoughts ?

Problem is would you have the "three holed wonder" standing or sitting? Cause, normally I am standing when a deer comes in, but they may get with in sight range before you ever notice them!

I remember hearing something about people trying these before, but don't know if there are any results from testing.. You invite design the doll, call her "the Hunters Dream Wife" and I will wait a year, and then invite Earth Scent Jelly!

Andy,
I have one issue, my doll, the one and only chris winkleman anniversary addition, Is permanently frozen in the bent over position, what is a guy to do??

i cant believe they actually make something for this. i thought i would post the idea just to see what u guys would say but now seein that link i guess it wasnt as dumb as i thought.

i actually have a blow up doll in my stand...i don't know what all this talk is about the deer getting used to it...i have it up there for an all day sit when i get restless....hmm...i guess i will leave it blown up and in the sitting position....one thing when i'm sitting in my stand should i have the
shocked.gif
look on my face or the
ooo.gif
?!?!?

[ QUOTE ]
i actually have a blow up doll in my stand...

[/ QUOTE ] Somehow I can believe that.

gundog got one of these
male doll
...i think he is on the right track...but i don't think he put it in his stand yet.....and i don't want to check and see if it is in his room
smirk.gif

I used to have the blow up doll in my stand, mainly to scare off trespassers, but aparently she was too good lookin, cause when I got back, all I found was a bunch of used "sleeves" and a deflated doll. At least they were thinking safty first.

For the record we can all see what wegner does when I am not in the apartment. not the first time I have caught him looking at construction men. Kris the are suppose to be the ones whistling not you.

Top Bottom