Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Artifacts Anyone?

blake

Life Member
hoofline.gif

I was out in my garage the other day going through some boxes that I had stored up over head in the attic. While doing so I came across this box of artifacts that I have had for many years. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Most of these fines are from Wyoming, Nevada, Montana, and a few from Iowa. I should have another large box of artifacts somewhere and I will post photos when I find them. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Heads_002.jpg

hoofline.gif

artifacts_001.jpg

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<< iowawhitetail.com, Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.
11.jpg

You need those in a nice display case rather then hidden away in the garage! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need those in a nice display case rather then hidden away in the garage! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

hoofline.gif

Paul,

I actually had them in a nice wood display case with glass top at one time. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

After the house fire 2002 I was lucky to retrieve the above artifacts from the ashes. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

The celt in the lower right hand corner of the first photo was not broken when I found it. The heat from the house fire fractured it and I was unable to find the missing pieces. I found that celt near Mt. Etna, Iowa.

Does anyone know where Mt. Etna is?

hoofline.gif

cool finds.. It sure is fun finding those..really trains you to keep your eyes peeled... good practice for shed hunting

Skully...amazing finds!!! I just found my first one in my life yesterday at my farm. We had bulldozed a small fenceline to make room for a food plot and open our field a bit and it was just out of the ground. It looked exactly like the 5th one from the left in your second row on the first pic. A large gray broadhead like head, 4 inches long by 1/4 inch wide. How old do you think that is?? I can't imagine how you found all those...very nice!

If anyone is ever down Keasaqua way,,Didn't know how to spell that? Anyhow ever down that way check out the little cabin there owned by older hermot type collector, He has 4,000 artifacts on display. One worth 7,000$,,so he says!

That "hermits" name is Gary Sanders. lol. Heck of a good guy. He built that cabin on his own. Cuts down trees and does all the mill and woodwork in his yard.He makes plaques for deer mounts and stuff too. If you have never seen it you would be amazed. He also shed hunts and sells the sheds.He retired from a dairy farm outside of fort madison god knows how many years ago. Just a few months ago some kids broke into his museum\cabin and stole a bunch of his arrowheds. 4 or 5 big cases on the wall. He said he was just happy they didnt steal the good ones. Im heading to the racetrack right now but ill post a website about him a little later. Some awesome pictures. The town he lives in and has the cabin in is Bentonsporte.

He gave me a tour, and was a very interesting fellow. No insult intended calling him a "Hermit". That is what I was called until I got married 5 yrs ago at the age of 50. He was very informative, and the whole little town is a Historic site, place to stop.He said more of his finds were from Ill, and about all of them were from hiking up and down creeks.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom