Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Augustus Wafflehouse

Ghost

Life Member
Ol' Wafflehouse laid the smack down on a dandy bird this morning. Super nice set of hooks!

Congrats Jake!
waytogo.gif

837Jaketurk.JPG

Beats huntin in the rain anyday!
cool.gif

Nice bird Jake!
waytogo.gif

ahhh...Ghostie...shouldn't there be some oats or something growing there??
wink.gif

After breaking one of the stakes for my decoys. I thought, "Anything close should have heard that".
I got all settled in drinking a diet dew and a few birds started gobbling all around but nothing close. Just as I started thinking it was going to be another long day two of them opened not 80 yards away. These two gobbled nonstop at everything they heard and even me a few times.
As some birds around started hitting the ground these two got even more excited and then I heard a shot to the south of me quite a ways and they gobbled at that too.
They flew down perfectly in front of me and shut up instantly and went into full strut. They were both about 60-70 yards in front of me and not wanting to get any closer. The dominant bird wanted to strut the whole time while the other one wanted to come out to the logging road.
After showing off long enough they were coming in. I decided to wait until the bigger bird came onto the trail and see if he would come in to check out "ugly tom". He looked at the deeks and did a head bob a few times and acted like he was going to leave so I let him have it at 35 yards.
He ended up weighing 22lbs, had a 10 1/2 inch beard with 1 1/4 spurs.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I haven't been on much with things being so busy.

Top Bottom