Bing.com Birdseye view

khopp4

I dont know if anyone else checked this out but I think it blows away google earth. Go to Bing.com...click maps, Type in your location, Scroll to your land...click birdseye view. This is the most detailed aerial I've found.

I'd never heard of the Bing version of this, but you guys are right, the quality of the areials are awesome!
I just messed around with it for about 10 minutes and my first reaction is that I think that I like all the features of Google Earth better than the Bing version, but the birds eye view of Bing definitely blows GE out of the water!
Thanks for the heads up!

I had the same issue as TPH when I first started looking at it & it wouldn't let me do the birds eye view. I zoomed in a little further and then it let me do it just fine. Maybe try that.

Agree with above you may need to zoom in a little bit to get it to work.

Just FYI...if you want to create a larger copy of your aerial do the following:

pull up the aerial on your screen.
hit screen print(above your backspace key)
go to paint and hit paste
crop out the section you want..
open a new paint file and paste.
repeat process to put together different screen shots of your ground!

Then save...now you have a saved copy!

i know the birdseye view doesnt work for everyone but it's pretty neat to see your property from such a detailed view!

Last edited:
I pulled up a spot I hunt and simply amazed. This spot is a mixture of brush, grass and pines. You can actually see the deer trails. It sure makes putting the puzzle together a little easier. It looks a lot better in full size without downsizing the photo. Check it out!!
982-spot.jpg

Google earth is much better for the areas I checked. The bing photos were several years old and birds eye view was not available. All depends upon the area I guess.

I am only suggesting the birdseye is better than google earth and thats it(for those it's available for). The normal aerial is just like every other web site...I only posted this for those who wanted to see a different view. sorry.

I am only suggesting the birdseye is better than google earth and thats it(for those it's available for). The normal aerial is just like every other web site...I only posted this for those who wanted to see a different view. sorry.

Wow man...dont be sorry.Thanks a ton for posting this. Its available for me and my farm is in the sticks of NE Iowa.Its way better than all the others. Like Liv said....I can even see the trails!
Love it...thanks again for posting it.Thats what makes this site great.

Back