Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bobcats

These things seem to be showing up more and more....

Look at the size of teh one on the left.

CDY_0012.jpg

those things aer soo cool!!!!

id love to have one........... as a pet....
i mean on the wall
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I saw one today! My first daylight Bobcat of my life! I just moved to Iowa from PA. How common is it for bowhunters to see them and yotes while on stand?

Would that be mom on the left and kitten on the right?

Just wondering why the big difference in size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at the size of the one on the left.
</div></div>

Breeding season isn't until March and April so surely that is a big female and a kitten.

Great picture!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How comon is it to see them while hunting?</div></div>

I spend hundreds of hours in a stand or blind every year and I have only seen 2 cats but usually see 2-6 yotes every fall.

I think I have seen more bobcats crossing the driveway from the kitchen window then from my stand /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I hadnt seen a bobcat from stand untill 3 years ago and since then I have seen one every year except last year I saw a mom with three kittens or whatever they are called the kittens were playing around and the mom stayed tucked in a fenceline. I moved just a little bit to hit record on my camera and all i got of video was them running away. They are smart little critters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seedman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would that be mom on the left and kitten on the right?

Just wondering why the big difference in size.</div></div>

NO, thats just a booner next to a 140 class.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: andesman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw one today! My first daylight Bobcat of my life! I just moved to Iowa from PA. How common is it for bowhunters to see them and yotes while on stand? </div></div>

Where we are from in Western IA we usually see a couple a year...including the turkey and deer seasons. The past three years I'd say they've really taken off! Yotes are thick too, hope to have some fun hunting them this winter!

We were in Ottumwa this weekend and my buddy saw one crossing the gravel road.I was wondering why I didn't see more deer?

Top Bottom