Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bought my '09 licenses today

Iowabowtech

I went to pick up my hunting license for this year and was almost surprised that they were already selling spring turkey tags. Figured I'd get in before the price hike although that'll come after turkey season anyway if I read it right. I ended up with this:

Hunting license: $17.50
Habitat Fee: $11.50
Bow only turkey tags: (2) at $23 each

One less thing to mess with when the gobbling starts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dominator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i heard that we wont have to pay the new prices until July </div></div>

I bought my 09 license/habitat fee about a week and a half ago and paid the increased fees as well. The increased license fees are a done deal so be prepared when you head in to buy your licences.

The only prices that I expect remain the same are tags for the 08/09 season (the current season), then in July the 09/10 tags will see the increase /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anybody know when we can start buying our first 2 bow deer tags? I know they always have a waiting period for the additional does tags but I'm talking about the initial statewide tag and the first doe tag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know when we can start buying our first 2 bow deer tags? I know they always have a waiting period for the additional does tags but I'm talking about the initial statewide tag and the first doe tag. </div></div>

Seems like it's Aug 15th but perhaps it's the first I could be mistaken? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

if they jack it up 34 % the slob hunters were dealing with now will only triple, with less officers to stop them, as the state ( HEARD ON THE STREET) wants to cut budgets like everyone else, trimming the fat from 2 cos per county, to one!The sportsmen are getting beat up enough( middle class). cut the upper mgts wages for awhile to make up the 34 % , without cutting jobs. are you telling the taxpayers that state CEOS OR UPPER MGT are worth $200.000 plus a yr? Put a buying freeze on all state vehicles for 2 yrs and maintain the ones you have , that might make up more than 34% and keep more of your employees from losing their jobs.and , if a state employee wants to travel,tax payers have already paid for their car, but they pay for the gas, that might slow the trips to Starbucks in half, and wherever they want to go on their free time.when i read things like this , 3 things come to mind , Brooks, Barto, Cunningham, dont you wish you were over paid for what you do?
respectfully, Deer car Collsion guy, why am i paying insurance premium increases on somthing the dnr says they own?wheres the 50% fault rule here when i need it?

Contact your legislator to voice your discontent, they'll be the one making the decision. I'm guessing they'll side with the DNR recommendation but you never know.

Top Bottom