Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broke in Michigan

petherss

Well, just applied for my Iowa gun season 1 tag. Holy smokes.......$101 for a doe tag??? Hey, if they wanted NR's to shoot does, I'd buy all the tags I am allowed. But to charge $101 for one doe tag....seems a little steep. I know, I know, if I didn't want to pay it, DON'T. Just venting a little. Hopefully one point will be enough for gun season!!!! Can't wait to get back down to your great state!

So will you party hunt when you get here?
grin.gif

If you call 2 a party, I suppose. Don't mean to cry a river, I always have the option of not going (but is that REALLY an option when you love to hunt??). I envy you residents that get to hunt one of the best places on earth for deer 'on the cheap'. I bet the doe I shoot will taste better than any deer I've ever shot. haha

[ QUOTE ]
I envy you residents that get to hunt one of the best places on earth for deer 'on the cheap'

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't have to envy us forever. "On the cheap." is "On the way out."

Fill me in. Isn't your deer tag (plus hunting license and habitat) like $28?? To bow hunt and gun hunt on that tag in a place like Iowa is pretty cheap in my opinion. Michigan wants to charge $60 for our two buck tags (don't get me started on allowing two bucks to be shot).

It is $52 to hunt deer as a resident unless you are a landowner. $78 if you want two buck tags.

17.50 - resident hunting license

8.50 - habitat stamp

23 archery turkey tag

23 archery turkey tag

26 - Doe tag

12 - doe tag

12 - doe tag

12 - doe tag

12 - doe tag

12 - doe tag

12 - doe tag

12 - doe tag

26 - Anysex archery state wide

26 - Anysex tag - late muzzy

$234.00 is what I paid last year.

Wow Limb, the wife must have gotten some fine jewelry last season to let you spend like that.
grin.gif

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
maniac.gif

I don't ask about the pampered chef, jewelry parties and what ever else they can dream up to have a party where you spend a bunch of money to have people over to your house and then end up spending just as much money on products... she doesn't ask about the licenses... Perfect. Somehow I feel like I am coming out on the wrong end of the deal but I think I evened er up after the Gray Wolf Woolens invoice...
evil.gif

I hope gas prices come back down like they did last year,or that will also figure into the calculation.

Geez limb, you got off cheap, I think I spent more on that on just doe tags last year
grin.gif
I know I had over 20 doe tags at one point in time
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Limb, I am pretty sure you spent a good chunk with Boyd also. Good thing I dont have a spending problem like you
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh hellooo DD...can you say mystery bag
grin.gif
grin.gif

$100 bucks for a NR doe tag is cheap...go buy deer and elk tags for a western state...
bigshock.gif

"$100 bucks for a NR doe tag is cheap...go buy deer and elk tags for a western state..."

Then $230 for a buck tag and $80.50 for a hunting license and $8.50 for a habitat fee and $12.50 for a "convienence fee". Not sure how that is convienent, but.....ha. Plus $200+ for gas to get out there. It's still worth it to me, just not sure you can call $100 for a doe tag cheap. Although, I don't know how much the DNR would have to raise the price before fools like me keep paying it. If I was a resident, I would be happy if they raised it every year.

Top Bottom