Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks Chasing!

ducks&bucks

I am sure many of you have seen this, but until today I had not. I have only bow hunted for a couple of years now and really have never experienced the rut. Tonight I was in stand...sweating...and not seeing a whole lot. About the time the sun sank below the tree line and the temp dropped about 10 degrees in the bottom I was hunting, it was on! At first I heard some rustling and then I heard a buck grunt. Before I knew it there was one scared sh**less doe, ears pinned back with 3 mature bucks chasing her. And I don't mean a nice trot through the woods. It was a full out sprint with the 4 deer doing hot laps around the property I was hunting for a good 5 minutes. The 3 bucks were grunting like crazy and definitely had that look in there eyes. They flew past me at 25 yards and I tried to stop them to no avail...that doe wasn't stopping and those bucks only had one thing on there mind. Awesome!

I also had a 120 class buck broadside at 5 yards to end the night...his neck was huge! It is definitely here in central IA!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those bucks only had one thing on there mind </div></div>

It does get exciting this time of year! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

ive got thursday through sunday off and i cant wait to get in my stand and catch some of the rutting action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those bucks only had one thing on there mind </div></div>

It does get exciting this time of year! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

...Or premeditated

I'll admit something boys. Last yr was the first yr in many that I've hunted November. I only got a couple real good sits in during the action packed phase but I saw enough to know what makes so many guys excited this time of year.

I'm not saying I'll give up trying to pattern early season deer because that's rewarding for me but I know that if I am unsuccessful at it, I've got something good to look forward to in November.

I love prime time Kaare. If the weather gets right.There is about a 5 day window that if I couldnt hunt any other time of the year but then, then thats the only days I would hunt.From the 7th thru the 12th is what I call prime time. I usually take a whole week off.Lots of movement. Lots of big boys on ther feet all day long. Almost there boys.It been a killer year so far I have passed a few and seen alot. Good hunting Kaare.

Top Bottom