Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bushnell Trophy vs. Moultrie M80

No not really as I went pretty much with the the M-80 defaults as it relates to image quality settings. Only thing I did was change the image delay. I did update the software off of Moultrie's website the way Cooter suggested in an earlier post and it updated just fine.

Same with the Bushnell as I haven't really changed the image quality settings on this cam either.

I bet someone on IW has better input for you than me.

Got it in the mail today. I plan on setting it up this wkend. Hope it is as good as everyone says. Plan on putting it beside an older moultrie just to compare.

I have 6 of the Bushnells. I had a Moultrie d 40 years ago that was so bad I will never never buy another so I can't comment on the Moultrie.
I live in western NY and have a lease in SE Ohio, which is a 5 hour drive. I need a camera that is dependable. The Bushnells have been dependable except one that quit working in video mode. Now that season is over I will pull that cam and send it back. Battery life is amazing on the bushnells. I have had 4600 pics on a card and battery was still on full. Another had 450 10 second video clips and still read full.
The 2010 versions did suffer from a lot of problems but I sent them back and got new replacements a few weeks later. 2 year warranty is great.
I also have one of the new blackflash cameras and the deer do not seem to notice it. The last time I was in Cabelas they had the 09 regular camo versions on sale for 129.00.
One last thought is there is nothing worse than going to your camera only to find it not working so battery life is extremely important to me. I get 8- 12 months on a set of batteries. Also I have NEVER had my batteries fall out. My hunting partner has Cuddieback flash cameras out on the lease also and everytime we check his they have taken a couple hundred pics and the batteries died.
As someone else mentioned the new cams have fieldscan which I will be getting a couple of those for hunting season.
As far as how to set up your cam " Do not use the video mode" it is addicting. Use video mode for a trail set up, over feed you will have tons of videos of does and fawns to sort through. This can take hours, but you will watch every second of them just in case a big one shows up. Over feed I have mine set for 2 pics every minute. Also I reformat my cards everytime I install it in the camera, have not had a problem with ANY cards since I started doing that.:drink1:

Top Bottom