Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camera life thoughts

huntdoc

Reading about some problems guys have with various cams got me wondering just how long I should expect a digital camera that gets hung on a tree and left out in all kinds of weather, tossed in the backpack, ride around in the truck, just how long until it dies? I've still got my first, and probably best, still out there and I bet that thing has taken 50,000 pics over 4+ years and still keeps going. When the batteries get low I notice a few all black shots for some reason. Pretty sure the camera I bought my wife didn't come close to lasting that long. Anyones thoughts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've still got my first, and probably best, still out there and I bet that thing has taken 50,000 pics over 4+ years and still keeps going </div></div>

What kind is it? Just curious... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The actual life of a digital camera versus a trail cam setup where other components can have problems is a little different I think.

I have two cheap Samsung digitals that have taken a zillion pics, go riding with me on the tractor, tree stand and just about anywhere with me and still no problems.

My Sony P41's often take 1500 pics a week and have for a number of years now with not so much as a hiccup in my home brew cam setups.

I think the trail cameras inside good cases actually have it easier hanging on a tree then my pocket camera does eating dust on the tractor with me... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Leaf River DC2. Not the fastest but great on batteries. Guess hot and cold temps must not hurt cameras too much. Moisture probably biggest problem, or maybe rough handling? Or bears if you are Saskguy!

Top Bottom