Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cameras stolen

I'd just put up about 5 of them to make sure the theives see them then set up a crows nest on the hill that's about half a mile away with my 30-06...

checked mine last week...gone. They were only six months old...I better not say what I will do if I figure out who it was. God help them.

If it is such a problem, why leave them out this time of year? Seems like a no brainer.

Do you deer hunt? Why leave them out? Are you being for real? This is one of the best times of year to do some really good scouting for the up and coming season. See what's left, who made it, who is new on the farm?

My buddy just went up to the ground we hunt in Harrison county to shed hunt, and noticed three stands & ground blind had been stolen! Nothing worse than a thief.

I lock mine with cable locks. Some have custom steel boxes with heavy chains and heavy duty locks. Their going to have to show up with a chain saw or 3' bolt cutters.
Most guys aren't packing that stuff. Better safe then robbed.

Not too brag but I had 4 cameras on public ground all season this year and none got stolen. 3 of them even took pics of guys looking right at them. I guess the 15 feet up a tree thing works.

Do you deer hunt? Why leave them out? Are you being for real? This is one of the best times of year to do some really good scouting for the up and coming season. See what's left, who made it, who is new on the farm?
Yes I deer hunt. Seems like a waste of $$ to me if you know there are problems with thieves. Yes Im "being for real"....whatever that means. Is it worth the trade off wondering if every time you check your cams if they'll still be there? Are these cameras that are being stolen in a lock box with a cable or just hanging on the tree?

Yes I deer hunt. Seems like a waste of $$ to me if you know there are problems with thieves. Yes Im "being for real"....whatever that means. Is it worth the trade off wondering if every time you check your cams if they'll still be there? Are these cameras that are being stolen in a lock box with a cable or just hanging on the tree?

I agree with Shoot2Kill, I've had a couple stolen that were pad locked to trees and now I'm more careful (maybe paraoid!). I pull mine before shotgun season and since my spots are a ways away from where I live I can't justify making trips out there post hunting season in crappy winter conditions just to check cams. Additionally my hunting spots are high pressure so I hardly ever get the same bucks on cam two years in a row, which makes it hard to justify. If I lived closer and had more repeat bucks showing up it might be a different story.

It's become a problem of mine being stolen during pheasant opener and shotgun seasons kill my camera stock. I'd love to have mine out this time of year, but my properties are pretty secluded which leads to people wandering in and out. This is the first year I've pulled all mine before pheasant opener to ensure I keep them. Now I know people will think I'm crazy for not running camera's during the rut and during late season, but with a 1 year old there's better things I can spend money on than replacing camera's and stands every summer. I've also switched to all rapid rails this fall so I can pack my bottom step in and out to hopefully cut down on theft of stands. I might try angling my cameras down out of the tree I'm hunting this fall so I can check it on my way in and without a step it might deter some theft. A couple years ago I tried the bear boxes for the bushnell trophy cams and I had someone pry one open and mangle it to hell without a camera even being in there.

Top Bottom