Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CamoKid scores !!!

CamoMan

477Taylor_s_Buck-med.jpg

This is a proud dad talking here.
grin.gif
CamoKid shot his first bow deer tonight - and his first buck. I would let him do the post, but he was exhausted, and just went to bed. He can fill you in on the important details later.

We went out tonight to a different area than we had been hunting, and decided to ground hunt. I showed the 'Kid where I had hunted the other night, and settled him into a set of 3 trees that had great concealment and shooting room. I went to the other side of the field and settled in.

I only saw 6 turkeys and no deer, until just before dark. I looked out in the field, and saw a buck trotting my way. I got the binoculars up and noticed that there was an arrow poking out of the ribcage (IW arrow wraps really show up well). The buck trotted by at about 60 yards and entered the timber. I scooted across the field and met Taylor coming my way. He said he had seen some does and yearlings and was waiting on them when this buck showed up from his right. The 8-pointer was 15 yards out in the picked cornfield and gave him a standing broadside shot. The Lumenok really lit up nicely, and Taylor said he knew it was a solid hit. I felt the arrow penetration wasn't real deep, so we cleared out for about an hour. When we came back, we easily found the blood trail at the edge of the timber. 200 yards later, it was party time !

I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. My boy was so calm and collected, but the excitement keeps coming out in bits and pieces. You all know by now how much I love my kids, and how proud I am of them. I am just too lucky !!! And it keeps getting better . . . we leave Sunday for a hog hunt with my 2 boys and my pastor who is a close friend. What a week !!!

Way to go CamoKid , that is one great first buck, and that is also one awesome photo
smile.gif
congratulations!!!!

That is awesome - way to go Camokid. Harvest reports are great, a kids first deer, with his dad, are the absolute best! Great photo - all it needs is a frame.

That's a great first deer CamoKid! You'll never forget your first one and the fact that you were with your dad. Good work CamoCrew!

Excellent!! Good job!!

I am taking my 12 year old out this evening so maybe we can get this lucky too.

Way to go kiddo!!! I know the feeling CamoMan, there's nothing like having your kid score!! Dale

Top Bottom