Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Canola

trykonhntr

Does anyone have experience in planting Canola in Iowa? Would like to plant it in hopes that it would draw out some deer for late season muzzelloader. I have been told that it can be planted in spring-summer-fall. If so what are the best times? Thanks

I can't say how canola will do in Iowa, but I know a deer manager in MN that says it was his most attractive food plot on his farm in the past. He plants it in August.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of planting aroung August 20th along with my Dwarf Essex Rape seed. Hope it will have some drawing power come late season. Thanks again.

I will bet it will work great in Iowa, especially planting on that date. Odds are that you will receive some nice rain in late August and September, combined with the cool nights and that seems to be a good combination for brassicass.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of planting aroung August 20th along with my Dwarf Essex Rape seed. Hope it will have some drawing power come late season. Thanks again.

Canola is rape...same thing! Rapeseed growers decided they needed a better name and came up with "canola" but they are one in the same.

Different varieties of course because most canola has been bred for seed production while DER and others have been bred for forage production.

Check the brassica thread in dbltree's corner for more details...;)

Top Bottom