Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cat Quivers.

fatmandown

I need some help here guys. I have been thinking about getting a cat quiver for this year, but I don't know what to get.Thanks.

Yes sir they are. I looked on cabela's web site, but I'm not for sure which one would be better. The arrows pointing down or up.

I'll recommend the Cat 3.5

I like this size because it holds my usual gear and I can put a jacket, gloves and hat in it for the walk too and from stand. Plenty of room for an all day hunt, but not to bulky for a short hunt. It's nice to be able to hang the Cat on a hook and have everything in one place at a comfortable reach.

It's one piece of gear I'll never part with.

[ QUOTE ]
The arrows pointing down or up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they make a model where the arrows seat upward.

It is a great way to carry arrows. They are well protected, firmly kept in place and since they are on your back, they are out of the way of brush when you are traveling.

Another nice thing about the Cat Quiver is that if you shoot feathers, they are protected from the rain.

Is it possible to reach back and take an arrow from the quiver while you're wearing the Cat Quiver?

The biggest buck I've shot so far was taken as I walked to my truck from the stand. I had an arrow nocked for just such an occasion...but I killed a tree with my first shot. I was able to nock up another arrow and make the shot on my next attempt.

I've been wanting a Cat Quiver for a few years, but always revert back to that scenario and don't want to limit myself.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to reach back and take an arrow from the quiver while you're wearing the Cat Quiver?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very easy to do.
waytogo.gif

I have both the mini and a 3.5. The 3.5 works best for stand hunting due to payload capacity
smirk.gif
and the mini is great for spot and stalk or small game hunting. The only bad thing about a cat quiver is all your arrows have to be the same length. So if you want to carry a judo point with you for small game it will likely be loose in the quiver because your arrows with broadheads will be longer than your arrow with the judo. This may not matter to you but just thought you should be aware of it.

My mistake what I was looking at was the cat quiver 4 and 5 where the arrow quiver was mounted on the side of the pack. Insted of under the pack.

[ QUOTE ]
The only bad thing about a cat quiver is all your arrows have to be the same length. So if you want to carry a judo point with you for small game it will likely be loose in the quiver because your arrows with broadheads will be longer than your arrow with the judo. This may not matter to you but just thought you should be aware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only reason for getting rid of the mini I had

[ QUOTE ]
So if you want to carry a judo point with you for small game it will likely be loose in the quiver because your arrows with broadheads will be longer than your arrow with the judo.

[/ QUOTE ]

They make an adapter piece for this now.

3 Rivers Archery

What type of hunting do you do? I can't see the reason for a catquiver unless you are going on a wilderness bowhunt and are wanting to pack a lot of extra arrows into the woods with you. Bowmounted quiver and remove it when you get on stand; works for me. They are awefully pricey IMO.

Well here is the deal. I put the new sure-loc leathelweapon model 150 on my C4. With that being on a slide system my Alpine soft lock wont bolt on. I realy don't want to add spacers to get it to fit.

What is a sure loc lethal weapon; a sight? Post pics please. I used to use a soft loc alpine but if I bumped the quiver against my leg it would half come off. For the $ it is tough to beat a Kwikee quick detach quiver. CHEAP and works awesome. For another awesome but pricey bowquiver, I sure like my Fuse Satori quick detach. Whatever you get for a bowmount quiver, quick detach is a must IMO. It is sure nice to not have to monkey with an unattached quiver or remember to have to bring it to the stand like a cat quiver requires. Raise and lower your bow with the quiver attached, remove when you get into the stand or blind, and simple in design. Whatever works for you. Those Rancho cat quivers are sure proud of their product pricewise.

No, They have it in there hunting section. They have I think 6 different hunting sights under the lethal weapon name.

Top Bottom