Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

corn planters

shrek1

PMA Member
Anybody got any suggestions or reccomendations? I'm looking for a 2 or 3, row 3point planter. Preferably no till with fertilizer boxes on it. I've been thinking about making my own but it would be alot easier if I could find one to copy off of or buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shrek1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anybody got any suggestions or reccomendations? I'm looking for a 2 or 3, row 3point planter. Preferably no till with fertilizer boxes on it. I've been thinking about making my own but it would be alot easier if I could find one to copy off of or buy. </div></div>

Midwest Foodplots sells retrofitted 2-3 row planters.

You can buy No-Till coulters to add onto most planters.

When you add up the costs of all of that however, you can buy a JD7000 no-till planter for less. I paid $1250 for mine and I suspect you coul buy one for much less now.

Those things are all over this country and parts are ver avilable. Here's my JD 7000 4 row planter

I have both corn and bean drives, no-till coulters and is easily pulled by a 40-50 HP tractor.

You do need some hydraulic couplers whereas a 3 pt you would not. With access to a cutting torch and welder you could certainly build a 2 row from an older planter. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I been looking at the JD7000's. I think I might have to cut one down to a two or three row and make it a three point. Dont know if my 33 hp kubota would handle it otherwise. It also would be alot more transportable that way. I could drive the tractor and planter on the trailer and still have room for the tiller if needed. Thanks for the info.

Little pricey perhaps but it sure would do the trick if one wanted a 3 pt!

78745107.jpg

I still have a few. I've got a 2 row 71 series ($1000) and a 3 row 71 series ($1400). I've also got 2- 2 row 70 series ($600/ea). PM me if your interested. Whatever I have left of these will be at the Deer Classic.

Man, that sukup looks pretty sweet! These things are not my expertise BUT is that a "no-till" drill or just a regular drill? Wonder if it's easy to have repaired and get parts?

I got a 1240 JD planter in great shape, I have a rotary tiller and a couple disks SO I am just hoping I could get beans or corn in the ground- otherwise I'll have to look into the above or a 7000 or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sligh1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, that sukup looks pretty sweet! These things are not my expertise BUT is that a "no-till" drill or just a regular drill? Wonder if it's easy to have repaired and get parts?

I got a 1240 JD planter in great shape, I have a rotary tiller and a couple disks SO I am just hoping I could get beans or corn in the ground- otherwise I'll have to look into the above or a 7000 or something. </div></div>

It's not a no-till Skip...here's a better look: Sukup Foodplot Drills

Dbltree, on that brochure PDF it says "Single Disk openers make it ideal for no-till or reduced tillage" does that mean you could make it a no-till? So you feel $2900 is pretty steep yet?

*just seems like that could be the all around planting machine BUT maybe I should stick with my 1240 or maybe get a 7000.

Top Bottom