Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cost of a shoulder mount in IA?

My guy is about $900 and that's the going rate for quality it seems. Mounts have now reached "gun money" status. It's harder and harder to justify to myself and the wife as the price goes up. Anymore I won't mount something unless it has super cool character or hits my my top three.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

My guy is about $900 and that's the going rate for quality it seems. Mounts have now reached "gun money" status. It's harder and harder to justify to myself and the wife as the price goes up. Anymore I won't mount something unless it has super cool character or hits my my top three.

Yup....I'm going to be really particular on what I mount going forward.

If you’re complaining about a $900 shoulder mount don’t shoot or trap a white coyote.

In all seriousness, I’ve seen the shipping costs on the forms for shoulder mounts these days and they are insane. Should be more upset with the shipping companies than the taxidermists as that’s one of the biggest factors in the price increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re complaining about a $900 shoulder mount don’t shoot or trap a white coyote.

In all seriousness, I’ve seen the shipping costs on the forms for shoulder mounts these days and they are insane. Should be more upset with the shipping companies than the taxidermists as that’s one of the biggest factors in the price increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think anybody is blaming the actual taxidermists for the price increase. I assumed their supply costs went up just like everything else did the last couple years. Not sure what their profit margin is, but it can't be that big.

I don't think anybody is blaming the actual taxidermists for the price increase. I assumed their supply costs went up just like everything else did the last couple years. Not sure what their profit margin is, but it can't be that big.

That’s true but there’s a wide spread of cost $400 to $ 1100 ? One might be better but how much better?

That’s true but there’s a wide spread of cost $400 to $ 1100 ? One might be better but how much better?
With the cost of supplies and time invested to mount a deer in todays world, a $400 mount cannot be very good. Like everything, you get what you pay for.

With the cost of supplies and time invested to mount a deer in todays world, a $400 mount cannot be very good. Like everything, you get what you pay for.
Your probably right . I don’t know how much the materials went up as far as Taxadermy supplys but I do know it will have to be really big before I get one done I already have a 208 inch buck so it going to have be bigger than that which isn’t going to be likely euro mounts in my future.

Top Bottom