Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cost of a shoulder mount in IA?

Took 1 to our guy over here. He's at $850 now. I've heard of others in the $800 range and several somewhat less than that. The way it's going it'll all be euro mounts eventually.

Took 1 to our guy over here. He's at $850 now. I've heard of others in the $800 range and several somewhat less than that. The way it's going it'll all be euro mounts eventually.
You are correct it’s going to have to be super large rack or it’s going to be euro mount .

I've had three mounts done now. Two whitetails and a pronghorn. Have brought them all to DK Custom Taxidermy in New Sharon. They all look fantastic and super real. I will keep going there if I'm fortunate enough. At the classic and some photos of other work I have seen online DK does a great job and I have been very happy. I think he is up to $900 or so now for a whitetail.

$600-$900 seems to be the going range on prices I see now.

Opened this thread and didn't pay attention the the dates for a second.... was about to go looking for a new taxidermist at those prices!

I've taken several to Marlin Hoch and they've always turned out nice. He's around $900 as of last year. It's well worth the money on a big one but I also see more euros in my future. Might have to set a gross score threshold that the deer needs to surpass and stick the extra $800 in the farm down payment fund moving forward.

Opened this thread and didn't pay attention the the dates for a second.... was about to go looking for a new taxidermist at those prices!

I've taken several to Marlin Hoch and they've always turned out nice. He's around $900 as of last year. It's well worth the money on a big one but I also see more euros in my future. Might have to set a gross score threshold that the deer needs to surpass and stick the extra $800 in the farm down payment fund moving forward.
I think their losing
Money in the long run .

There is a guy in Minnesota (Rick Laine) he’s the best I’ve ever seen ! But he’s $1100 now. Still plenty busy because he’s very good !

I’m not saying $1100 is fair . It’s too high. But he still has clients ?

I tried a different taxidermist last year ($600) and he had my buck back in 2 months…I think he did pretty well .

I look at “young me” comment in beginning of this thread…. That was 15 years ago!!! Was like $450. Well, 15 years…. For sure I would say MOST items a guy can purchase have doubled in 15 years. Maybe not all but a lot. Heck, last 3 probably shot things up 25%. Interesting to see recent prices vs the start of this thread 15 years apart

I tried a different taxidermist last year ($600) and he had my buck back in 2 months…I think he did pretty well .
I look at “young me” comment in beginning of this thread…. That was 15 years ago!!! Was like $450. Well, 15 years…. For sure I would say MOST items a guy can purchase have doubled in 15 years. Maybe not all but a lot. Heck, last 3 probably shot things up 25%. Interesting to see recent prices vs the start of this thread 15 years apart
Lots of people out there think that if it’s more expensive it’s got to be better lol born every day

That's another thing. Do I get my deer back by spring-early summer? Or am I in a treestand again the next fall and still not in possession of my deer? That's worth paying an extra Benjamin or two in my opinion.

That's another thing. Do I get my deer back by spring-early summer? Or am I in a treestand again the next fall and still not in possession of my deer? That's worth paying an extra Benjamin or two in my opinion.
Ive read where some people are waiting a 1.5 or two years. Thats nuts

Back when it was around $600, I set a goal that a buck has to be a personal best before I punch a tag. Might never fill another, but having fun trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom