Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cultipackers

TimberPig

Dbltrees brassica post got me to thinking about cultipackers. My neighbor has an old one he lets me use. It is a brillion (?) style, the type that looks like it has a gear for every other roller, and has a weight tray on top. I think the main section is 6', with two trailing sections about 36"-40". Its pretty old, it even has axle "hubs" made of wood, which I had to rebuild. Works like a charm now. I have a standing offer to buy it from him, but for now I just use it for free. If he gets tired of me dragging it across his hay field every year and wants to sell someday, whats a fair price? I'd like to buy it and sell the smaller sections as Bonker mentioned in the other post. I know the value depends on alot of things, I'm just looking for a ball park price range.

BTW, my home computer had a stroke and died yesterday so I wont be back until at least Sunday night.
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dbltrees brassica post got me to thinking about cultipackers. My neighbor has an old one he lets me use. It is a brillion (?) style, the type that looks like it has a gear for every other roller, and has a weight tray on top. I think the main section is 6', with two trailing sections about 36"-40". Its pretty old, it even has axle "hubs" made of wood, which I had to rebuild. Works like a charm now. I have a standing offer to buy it from him, but for now I just use it for free. If he gets tired of me dragging it across his hay field every year and wants to sell someday, whats a fair price? I'd like to buy it and sell the smaller sections as Bonker mentioned in the other post. I know the value depends on alot of things, I'm just looking for a ball park price range.

BTW, my home computer had a stroke and died yesterday so I wont be back until at least Sunday night.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid a $100 bucks for an 8 footer. (no wood parts
grin.gif
)

I think I know a couple guys who would certainly take the small ones off your hands!
grin.gif

Those small ones would be perfect behind a small tractor or ATV...put me on your "list" if you ever buy the whole set. I'd like to have one at each place
waytogo.gif

Even a lawn roller is $120 bucks.(no wood)
smirk.gif

[quote
I think I know a couple guys who would certainly take the small ones off your hands!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats kind of what I figured!

[/ QUOTE ] Even a lawn roller is $120 bucks.(no wood)
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the wood does sound cheasy, but it appears to me the original wooden "hubs" must have lasted a good 50 years (actually they were still working), so I suspect my replacements will do for a while. They are pretty easy to make as well.

I was surprised how much those units on Sweets were going for. I'm plenty happy with the current price (free!) but I do hate borrowing stuff. If I ever do end up with them I'll have two to sell and will let you guys know.

Top Bottom