Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CW From The Stand

Tonight. I was sitting on the ground next to a big oak tree down in the bottom to get out of the wind and I look behind me and all I see is a deer and big antler coming so I keep looking and unfortunately it was the half rack but he kept on his trail at 7 yards broadside and stopped looked me in the eyes and kept walking.. It was awesome!!!!

I may be the only person who hates south east winds. Sitting over alfalfa and corn. Nothing yet

Seems like we've been getting a lot of them compared to the past couple years, or at least I'm noticing them more this year. I've got a couple spots that seem to work for it, if only a mature enough buck would show! Good luck! Something should show, maybe beating the rain? Saw the best buck of the season with a SSE wind on a clover field in early October with a little drizzle in the air! Just out of range and one I'm electing to let walk til next year (most likely a mistake on my part!).

Back into my favorite stand tonight. A lot of construction to the south east of me hopefully pushes the deer to the west side of the creek where I'm at.

3:47- getting closer to the time they should start moving.
Starting to think I should have hunted a different property though

Don't worry I haven't seen much of anything myself starting to think I might have to peel out of this stand a little earlier due to the wind and rain

Doe stayed at 20 yards broadside until 5:04... Was tempted to fill my doe tag but I couldn't get myself to thinking any minute a buck could pop out.

iPhone got too cold to function.. So here is the rest of the hunt.

4:30-spotted a young buck working the fenceline to the south of me.
4:40- same buck is now walking in front of me just a little spike
5:00-2.5 year old just came to the beans and is eating.
5:12-the buck just left.
5:15-climbed out of my stand
5:19- look back into the beans before I enter the field 300 yards north of my stand to head home. Big mature buck is chasing a doe in front of my stand..dang why couldn't there have been 5 more minutes of shooting time.

Top Bottom