Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Day at the Capitol- CROSSBOWS- Action on writing in!!!! PASS THIS ON!!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Another day! SF208 was on the table. Ravin’s lobbyists stated it right there “yes, we’d like to sell more crossbows and yes this bill is the slippery slope so we can get crossbows added to Iowas archery season”.
I got to speak & it went well ;). IBA lobbyist did a great job. Around the table was a massive amount of lobbyists & other house members. The bill was damaged badly. Ravin did not have a good day. But- it’s moving on. IN THE HOUSE.

WHAT DO WE NEED??? Emails and if you are able- a request for a quick phone call. Everyone in the house needs to hear from us IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

Here’s ONE call to action button. This will go to YOUR Representative automatically. I would ask u change the words to Also oppose: SF553 (Tags for NON-RESIDENT family members) & OPPOSE: SF516 (Public Lands of Iowa). 3 birds, one stone

This bill is there so crossguns are used by anyone in archery.

I’ll do few things. Right here is the instant link where takes 1 minute - right to your HOUSE MEMBER (Before it was senate. It’s redirected to house so do it again!!!:
***** HERE: https://www.votervoice.net/mobile/iowabowhunters/Campaigns/100484/Respond

BELOW, I’ll put emails for all the house members. BCC the whole list if you can (take 5 extra minutes)… If you can email them all- fantastic. If you are a NR- email will need to be the way & greatly appreciated & needed!

LAST- text & email this thread to every single person you know. This is it. This is about the last round for the year. & this is “make or break” the future of this state. We can kill this but we need guys writing in NOW. Do it!!! Pass this on like crazy!!!!

I will put some example bullet points below on my most recent letter. PLEASE DO THIS (again for many of you- THANKS! ;) ) & get this to every single person in your phone & email!!! Go!!!! Thanks!!!!!

DD0239A8-0984-408F-A8E2-36CF4DD72EA5.jpeg
1C668A33-F84F-4CC2-832A-FECEDF1590F5.jpeg
940E3F23-F5A5-4D28-A250-4CF2310B4CBD.jpeg
2EF26A8C-DC5C-4D4B-99CA-1EB2567CF08B.jpeg

Then…. I got to go to school & be with “better people!” My daughter turned 8. All the kids were against crossguns during archery too!! :)
C539F532-B466-46C6-85DD-FC5C72238EC3.jpeg

Last edited:
These have bullet points in email but here’s my main points…. Can take ideas or rephrase whatever you want…

-I STRONGLY OPPOSE SF553 (Tags for NON-RESIDENT family members)! I also STRONGLY OPPOSE: SF208 (stepping-stones written by Crossbow Lobbyists to get their product moved into our Archery Season)! OPPOSE: SF516 (Public Lands of Iowa). Here’s why…

-Iowa is <8% timber! 4.5 months of deer season, 7 deer seasons & 6+ weapon choices. Iowa ranks 48 of 50 for public land access. ACCESS TO QUALITY LAND IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE RESIDENTS FACE! Please don’t ruin what’s already fragile & difficult by favoring NR hunters, Crossbow lobbyists & people/groups that don’t live in this state!
Any Crossbow Legislation you see, SF208, HF582, HF538, etc – all written by Ravin Crossbow Company (out of NEW YORK) & their hired lobbyists! The residents of this state do NOT want this! They are already available for: Anyone disabled, seniors and during late season. Ravin is trying to get them into archery season step-by-step & hired 2 lobbyists to do it! We don’t want crossbows during the crowded Archery season. Residents can't get archery permission as it sits! Ravin Crossbows only care about revenue & disregards the terrible impact it would have to our fragile state. States like MI (Where I’m from!) have lost 33% of their deer hunters in 25 years due to lack of access & adding every weapon folks can dream up – it’s ruined all our surrounding states & why they leave their state to come to Iowa. It's a 5 year wait to draw a tag here in many areas!

-SF553 will displace THOUSANDS OF RESIDENT HUNTERS! They already have a horrible time finding access & why I have had thousands asking me to hunt! If this passes, when young hunters or “Everyday folks” go to ask for permission, if this passes the answer will be “Sorry, we have other NR hunters now. Can’t hunt here”. It’s already happening. WHEN THIS HAPPENS – NEW HUNTER #’s WILL DECLINE WORSE THAN THEY ARE NOW! Everyday hunters will QUIT. Tag revenue & hunting/business revenue from RESIDENTS WILL DECLINE! Residents control deer #’s, NR’s do not! Deer #’s will explode. These bills are wrong on so many levels I’d be glad to discuss this! This bill is also a law enforcement nightmare!

-Iowa has less deer & habitat than almost any other state in the Midwest. Folks from other states flock here BECAUSE their states have been ruined by the special interests. We have reduced the deer population by 25% in the last 10 years! I have all the data to back this up & easy to verify. I’ve hunted all over the country & Iowa is 1 of the last great states that hasn’t been ruined. PLEASE KEEP IOWA SPECIAL & DON’T LET IT BE RUINED LIKE OTHER STATES!!!!

-NEW HUNTERS HAVE NO WHERE TO GO! WORKING FOLKS HAVE NO WHERE TO GO! PLEASE SIDE WITH RESIDENTS OVER ALL THE BILLS BY NR’S & COMPANIES LOOKING TO SELL PRODUCT AT THE EXPENSE OF OUR RESOURCE.

-Last, deer #’s… down 25% in 10 years. We have 3 programs to address high deer #’s: 1) Depredation tags already available. 2) Farmers like me can enroll our land in “WALK-IN” Hunting & get paid to do it! Folks will shoot a lot of deer. 3) Any DNR officer has a WAITING LIST of hunters wanting farms to hunt for Does (female deer). Incredibly fast to match these hunters with farmers.

Please stand up for Iowa RESIDENT HUNTERS & against the special interests! Iowa is a very fragile state & the resident hunters need your help to protect it!

LINK TO ALL HOUSE MEMBERS WITH DISTRICT & EMAIL: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/house. Link to senate: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/senate

EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR ALL HOUSE MEMBERS
jerome.amosjr@legis.iowa.gov
eddie.andrews@legis.iowa.gov
austin.baeth@legis.iowa.gov
sean.bagniewski@legis.iowa.gov
michael.bergan@legis.iowa.gov
brian.best@legis.iowa.gov
jane.bloomingdale@legis.iowa.gov
brooke.boden@legis.iowa.gov
jacob.bossman@legis.iowa.gov
steven.bradley@legis.iowa.gov
timi.brown-powers@legis.iowa.gov
molly.buck@legis.iowa.gov
sue.cahill@legis.iowa.gov
ken.carlson@legis.iowa.gov
mark.cisneros@legis.iowa.gov
taylor.collins@legis.iowa.gov
jeff.cooling@legis.iowa.gov
ken.croken@legis.iowa.gov
tom.determann@legis.iowa.gov
dave.deyoe@legis.iowa.gov
zachary.dieken@legis.iowa.gov
jon.dunwell@legis.iowa.gov
tracy.ehlert@legis.iowa.gov
dean.fisher@legis.iowa.gov
john.forbes@legis.iowa.gov
joel.fry@legis.iowa.gov
ruthann.gaines@legis.iowa.gov
dan.gehlbach@legis.iowa.gov
thomas.gerhold@legis.iowa.gov
eric.gjerde@legis.iowa.gov
cindy.golding@legis.iowa.gov
martin.graber@legis.iowa.gov
pat.grassley@legis.iowa.gov
stan.gustafson@legis.iowa.gov
bill.gustoff@legis.iowa.gov
austin.harris@legis.iowa.gov
helena.hayes@legis.iowa.gov
robert.henderson@legis.iowa.gov
steven.holt@legis.iowa.gov
heather.hora@legis.iowa.gov
chad.ingels@legis.iowa.gov
charles.isenhart@legis.iowa.gov
david.jacoby@legis.iowa.gov
lindsay.james@legis.iowa.gov
tom.jeneary@legis.iowa.gov
craig.johnson@legis.iowa.gov
megan.jones@legis.iowa.gov
kenan.judge@legis.iowa.gov
bobby.kaufmann@legis.iowa.gov
barb.kniffmcculla@legis.iowa.gov
jennifer.konfrst@legis.iowa.gov
bob.kressig@legis.iowa.gov
monica.kurth@legis.iowa.gov
shannon.latham@legis.iowa.gov
elinor.levin@legis.iowa.gov
brian.lohse@legis.iowa.gov
shannon.lundgren@legis.iowa.gov
mary.madison@legis.iowa.gov
heather.matson@legis.iowa.gov
joshua.meggers@legis.iowa.gov
ann.meyer@legis.iowa.gov
brian.meyer@legis.iowa.gov
gary.mohr@legis.iowa.gov
norlin.mommsen@legis.iowa.gov
tom.moore@legis.iowa.gov
amy.nielsen@legis.iowa.gov
carter.nordman@legis.iowa.gov
rick.olson@legis.iowa.gov
anne.osmundson@legis.iowa.gov
matthew.rinker@legis.iowa.gov
sami.scheetz@legis.iowa.gov
j.d.scholten@legis.iowa.gov
mike.sexton@legis.iowa.gov
brad.sherman@legis.iowa.gov
jeff.shipley@legis.iowa.gov
david.sieck@legis.iowa.gov
brent.siegrist@legis.iowa.gov
ray.sorensen@legis.iowa.gov
megan.srinivas@legis.iowa.gov
art.staed@legis.iowa.gov
sharon.steckman@legis.iowa.gov
luana.stoltenberg@legis.iowa.gov
henry.stone@legis.iowa.gov
mark.thompson@legis.iowa.gov
phil.thompson@legis.iowa.gov
charley.thomson@legis.iowa.gov
josh.turek@legis.iowa.gov
mike.vondran@legis.iowa.gov
beth.wessel-kroeschell@legis.iowa.gov
skyler.wheeler@legis.iowa.gov
ross.wilburn@legis.iowa.gov
john.wills@legis.iowa.gov
elizabeth.wilson@legis.iowa.gov
hans.wilz@legis.iowa.gov
matt.windschitl@legis.iowa.gov
devon.wood@legis.iowa.gov
derek.wulf@legis.iowa.gov
david.young@legis.iowa.gov
adam.zabner@legis.iowa.gov

Last edited:
THIS is how many bills I’ve watched go down in flames in front of my very eyes. Thanks to you all & standing up to the folks that want to exploit our state! ;)
015E2F53-2BD0-4F45-8E5E-70A9CB60738C.jpeg

If they throw 10 at us, we’ll be there & I got the fingers.. we have the effort, FACTS & we are GROWING in strength!!!!

Here’s the links to the other 2 bad bills if anyone wants to do the direct quick link. Top 2 here….

& for a few straggler bills at end of senate session- if u wanted to send email to all senators…

Last edited:
I need help!! I’ve never done bbc for emails just one at a time.
Can someone explain what I need to do and how to do it!!!
Thanks

K-
I need help!! I’ve never done bbc for emails just one at a time.
Can someone explain what I need to do and how to do it!!!
Thanks
So copy the list
Above. In normal spot where u put email address…. Just put your email. Then- below u see BCC. Copy the above emails. If u need help highlighting & then hitting “copy” let me know. Paste in BCC area…. I’ll help if any snag.

Example. If urs is different- i can walk u through it. Tell me what type email. Or if issue with copy/paste.

67EA2780-C178-42CD-8602-01FA6737E110.jpeg
2D001CD1-E54F-4AA0-9EE8-1AFEBBDE9867.jpeg

K-
So copy the list
Above. In normal spot where u put email address…. Just put your email. Then- below u see BCC. Copy the above emails. If u need help highlighting & then hitting “copy” let me know. Paste in BCC area…. I’ll help if any snag.

Example. If urs is different- i can walk u through it. Tell me what type email. Or if issue with copy/paste.

View attachment 124868View attachment 124867
Thank Skip! Keeping the copy button from acting up is hard but did my first group email.
Please everyone send those emails!! Time is of the essence

I used the action link and sent emails in. I'll formulate another email over lunch and blast it out to all the House members. Thanks to everyone for writing in and thanks to Skip and the IBA for representing the hunter's voices in this state.

My local Senator Amy Sinclair who represents a large portion of Zone 5 (obviously one of the most popular for premier hunting) voted Yes for SF208 and SF516. Unfortunately, she didn't listen to mine and others emails in her district. Hopefully, Joel Fry will. Beyond writing emails we also need to check to see how they voted when the time came and see if they are truly representing us or the special interests Skip mentioned.

Last edited:
I used the action link and sent emails in. I'll formulate another email over lunch and blast it out to all the House members. Thanks to everyone for writing in and thanks to Skip and the IBA for representing the hunter's voices in this state.

My local Senator Amy Sinclair who represents a large portion of Zone 5 (obviously one of the most popular for premier hunting) voted Yes for SF208 and SF516. Unfortunately, she didn't listen to mine and others emails in her district. Hopefully, Joel Fry will. Beyond writing emails we also need to check to see how they voted when the time came and see if they are truly representing us or the special interests Skip mentioned.
I’ve heard this waaaayyyy too many times about senator Sinclair. It’s so odd…. Are you there in service of your constituents or are u there for the special interests, largest donors & lobbyists groups?!?! That’s not a partisan issue - that’s an issue when someone can say “this politician isn’t there for right reasons & we need to look at folks who will take this office to serve the constituents of that district”. Many do a fantastic job. But there is a large handful like Sen Sinclair that the voters really need to reassess

Top Bottom