Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer attack

Are you serious? If that was a coyote and a bobcat would you feel any different about how that doe was protecting her fawn?I will never feel bad about blasting stray cats and dogs again in the woods.

I don't blame the deer at all for protecting her young. That dog got what it deserved....the cat should of got it sooner.....

It's hard to say without the full story. The first scene shows the doe running towards the fawn from the area the dog was. Maybe the doe just got done running off the dog or maybe the dog was bothering them. When the doe seen the dog she attacked for some reason.

I mean we actually kill the deer and they don't do anything wrong to us or bother us in anyway. It's really no different.

It was just an unfortunate incident. I don't think I'm ready to call deer vicious animals that attack pets at will. It saw a potential threat and eliminated it. I agree, I think if that dog was a coyote we would think this was awesome.

Maybe the dog owner will keep his dog tied up or in a kennel like its supposed to be.Thats if it lives. LOL.I agree with Liv..I wonder how many times the doe had chased the dog off before the video started.I can only imagine the does terror with a cat all over her fawn from one side and a dog coming into the scene from the other direction.

I don't care how many times the doe chased the dog off or not. If it was my dog, that would have been a dead doe. I'm higher up on the food chain that the doe, and my dog is too.

Ever heard or seen what a pack of dogs can do to the deer herd?
Mame and kill for the fun of the chase.. About like a bit of young hooligan with a too much beer and time on their hands.

Interesting vid.. also interesting seeing the fawn's natural reaction to seeing the dog and squatting down. Looks like this town needs an in-town antlerless season.

AIRASSAULT needs a job with the Iowa DNR.See 1 doe with a fawn in city limits and wants a urban hunt.

Any human with a smudge of common sense can more than likely tell that if a doe feels comfortable enough to raise a fawn inside of city limits and also feels comfortable enough with it laying next to a car tire, there's probably a considerable abundance of deer in that town/city. They're lucky it wasn't a human. There could have been a kid playing in their yard minding their own business (LIKE THE DOG WAS) and if the doe did the same thing, then what would you think? We have urban hunts to mitigate these things from happening!

Plain and simple the doe did the right thing. On another note...If that was my dog I would have done anything possible to save it. If that meant killing the the doe so be it. I would have went to jail to save my dog. I felt sick for that dog, but I definitely do not blame the doe. It was just a bad situation.....

Just a few thoughts............

The dog wasn't leashed or contained = owner's fault for anything bad happening to the dog.

The dog was a Sally.

The owner and/or video person was a Sally for not rushing the deer off the dog.

To bad the cat didn't get hammered worse.

There's a possible need for a city hunt.

Top Bottom