Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Contest???

twn417

Livng4Jesus, lovng2hunt
Do we do one here? If not is there any interest in doing it?

I would volunteer to head it up with a little help.

4 member teams:
does 1 point a piece... x2 for bow

Bucks 1 point per point... x2 for bow (8pt=16pts)

2 buck limit per person per team, no doe limit...

must have a pic to verify each entry...

What do you all think, we could get this thing up and going pretty soon. If there is enough interest I can start another sign-up thread and get teams going... Would need to get it done though in the next day or two...

so is the PMA open to everyone? Is it just big buck or what? Ran through Iowa Whitetail?

Ok I saw the PMA one, and that is great for a big buck contest but I was looking at starting a Team Deer contest...

Would need at least twelve people interested to do it I think to get at least three teams going...

well you don't have to shoot does but I'm hoping take take 4 or so between 4 counties. My family lives off deer meat.

Well there is two willing, anyone else interested...

Have to agree with some of the others, can't really support a contest that rewards shooting large numbers of does at a time when the herd has been reduced below goals. Doubt it will be received well here.

Have to agree with some of the others, can't really support a contest that rewards shooting large numbers of does at a time when the herd has been reduced below goals. Doubt it will be received well here.

I agree! Not a good time for a whack and stack em contest. We need more does now not less. But some will kill all they can. If we don't bowhunt for the right reasons then we are not a bowhunter JMO

No offense, but this isnt football...this is not what its about. Definitely not in. In Iowas current state this is not appropriate....and neither is the running doe count that this site has had in the past.

I've been in a team contest on another site for over 10 years and it's really fun. We give 5 points for a doe and 5 points for a buck plus one point for each of his points. You do not get credit for multiple deer. If you shoot a buck then your doe doesn't count. We are spanning the entire US so to be fair to everyone we went by points as opposed to score. We also vote on the deer of the year at the end too.

Btw these things are intended to introduce members to each other, drive participation and have a friendly competition. We don't award prizes, but just bragging rights for a year. People sign up in a thread and teams are randomly
Drawn.

Top Bottom