Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who do you prefer, DeSantis or Trump?

We were energy independent, low gas, no inflation, he was respected by our enemies, was the first President to bring North Korea to the table , he respected law enforcement and the military, there would be no Ukraine war no debate, he was securing the border, not to mention he successfully battled the democratic machine accusing him of everything under the sun. God knows what he could have done if left alone.

T here ya go. We both bought businesses that are in the red. We need to secure the neighborhood it’s located in, secure investors, make it safe, make it profitable , hire people and grow it into the black. You take Biden, Obama and Clinton and I’ll take Trump, Bush, and Reagan to advise us. Wonder who will come out on top? The country is a business. I’ll take Trump all day

Last edited:
If you have to ask what Trump did you’re a lib with no chance of saving. We were energy independent, low gas, no inflation, he was respected by our enemies, was the first President to bring North Korea to the table , he respected law enforcement and the military, there would be no Ukraine war no debate, he was securing the border, not to mention he successfully battled the democratic machine accusing him of everything under the sun. God knows what he could have done if left alone.

T here ya go. We both bought businesses that are in the red. We need to secure the neighborhood it’s located in, secure investors, make it safe, make it profitable , hire people and grow it into the black. You take Biden, Obama and Clinton and I’ll take Trump, Bush, and Reagan to advise us. Wonder who will come out on top? The country is a business. I’ll take Trump all day
I would watch yourself calling people you don't know a lib. Good way to lose a few teeth and wake up on the ground.....I am the furthest thing from a lib.
As I mentioned and your clearly to dense to comprehend I voted for him twice and if he is the nominee Ill vote for him again. Trump was/is a terrible leader. He is most certainly better than what we have now but so is the towel I dried my sack off with this morning.
Also as I mentioned he did do some things great, but he also did far more things very bad. And your wrong in being the President is a popularity contest, it 100% is. Yuou have to be all those things...Which unfortunately for him he can never do.

I’d calm down a little. Glad you’re not a lib and voted for Trump. Touché btw. I don’t threaten easily. I think that was a threat. Lol. Jesus. I come from a 25 year LE career. If a lib was the worst I was called I’d do jumping jacks. Lol. Sorry to rub you the wrong way. I took the lib part out of my previous message.

Last edited:
I agree the farm subsidies & “hand outs” need to go for farmers. Left or right - maybe we all agree on this?!?! Same with corporate subsidies & ESPECIALLY the CORRUPTION that gives companies like Amazon or google a 0% tax rate while we are sitting here as working men paying 25-45% or more (dependent on state rate & tax bracket).
I’m in this farmer group…. I MAYBE get 2-5% of what I pay in back in subsidies …. The main one is my crop insurance is backed by government by law. & they pay for about 1/2 the cost.

There is ONE MAJOR DIFFERENCE farmers have VS a person who lives off welfare…. Farmers pay vastly more in than they take out!! Pay fed & state income tax. Pay into SS. Pay massive property tax bills. Many families have to sell farms when farmers die to pay the government on the value of the land!!!! so many fees & other costs your head would spin. They put huge $ back in the system vs the little “handed” back.

I’d take a farmer who works their butt off, contributing to the system, with a 2nd house over… an able bodied working man living in government funded housing with free food, utilities, healthcare, etc!!!!

Agree - the handouts of all types got to go!!
Also to go along with this. If they stop the farm subsidies, then the usda needs to stop their games with their numbers on the reports. They control or greatly affect the market prices with the numbers in their reports. If you watch their numbers, they play games by either changing production or exports. If we have a short crop, they won't come clean with the size until 2 years later when we have a big crop again. So if the subsidies stop, we might as well keep with the savings and clean house at the usda.

Oh, on #4 you must also be talking about some farmers. Except in the off season they hang down in their 2nd home down south or maybe even a 3rd home up north. Plenty of handouts there as well as corporate subsidies, tax breaks, allowing avoidance of taxes by off-shoring income, etc.

Lots of problems here for sure.

1. Let’s start with the pieces of shit that don’t work. No money for them period. Get a job or dont get paid. I will give you some support in between jobs but if you cannot find a job in 30 days the tit goes dry

2. No more off shoring, bring things back home. Tax breaks are a good thing if it means employing Americans and keeping things American made. Certainly better than being reliant on China et al. for life sustaining products

3. If you have a bone to pick with farmers, probably on the wrong website. Let the fields not get planted for a year and let me know how you feel about the subsidies. I don’t know many farmers that have 2 homes but I do know a lot that bust their asses day in and day out to make an honest wage.

I guess you would rather give the money for free housing and food stamps to the POS that hasn’t worked in 10 years, good deal.

Is the system perfect, nope. But let’s fix the stuff that is really broken first then we can talk about subsidies, etc and how we limit those.

REMINDER!!!! It’s PRIDE MONTH!!!! LGBTQ*]*|*<*}+]+|++<*}<^%]^_^}%] - whatever. I’ve herd this 3 times this am. Once was on program for kids. It’s so IN YOUR FACE - it’s crazy. Listen- I don’t care if you identify as a frog…. Whatever…. BUT…. 1) don’t throw it in my kids face every Frigin day. 2) don’t silence an opposing view because they believe it’s: Bizarre. Or wrong. Or concerned for a troubled human being.
My wife’s co-worker at wellsfargo was FIRED when they ran for our school board & posted that “I would make parents aware if the children checked out books with naked Trans people. Or performing sex acts”. Pretty close to that. He was called a “trans-phobe” online & they tagged Wellsfargo & a “wealthy trans person” threatened to pull funds out & shame WF. Dude was fired. TRUE STORY!!!! Happens all the time!!!!! Silence the opposition. From the party that used to be for free speech & debate of ideas!!!

I don’t even care to debate the LGBTQ issues themselves here. But I have a question for ANYONE on either side…. Can we all agree this is WAY WAY out of control? You cannot avoid it. It’s thrown in your face. Hear it daily. ALL BY DESIGN!!!
The main issue: THE CHILDREN HEAR IT DAILY!!!! It’s shoved down their throats. They can’t question it & will be punished for a differing view. Adults are silenced & livelihoods threatened. This world is upside down. Biden & left embrace this madness. They promote it. They & their system Shame & silence anyone with differing views. The world is upside down!!
All sorts of issues like this is why I’d bet 90% of hunters & folks who love outdoors are Conservatives.
I’m Off to baseball & the farm and so thankful for normal people in a RED state. Sorry on the rant- 3rd time hearing this by 8 am today- had to rant & now go enjoy this gorgeous day.

This is the correct question to ask.

There is a reason that the MSM wants Trump to run and not DeSantis. Trump will lose because he turns people away, he cannot get the independent vote. White mothers hate him.

If you pay attention the MSM is doing nothing but bashing DeSantis because they know if he gets the nomination he will beat the dead guy in office....
Like your logic & thoughts or the debate.
1) you think 2020 was legit election done fairly where it didn’t swing election? PA, AZ, MI, WI, etc. If not… see #2
2) if not…. Why will it be any different if Desantis (or Trump) is nominee?
3) if YES…. U think desantis can get 75m votes? I really do like desantis. IMO - he doesn’t enthuse folks & draw support like trump does. I also think IF Desantis gets nomination…. They will instantly go nuclear on him. Try to destroy him. Turn him into the devil.
“ROMNEY” for example was the “well spoken candidate who all sides would support, including “white women”. He got 15m less votes than Trump and he was TROUNCED!!! No nasty tweets & wasn't a fighter. He was the DEVIL once he got nomination BTW- racist. Biggot. Elitist. Against women. Out of touch. Hated poor people. Boring. Uninspiring. SAME can pretty much be said about McCain.

IMO- Desantis is WAY BETTER than McCain or Romney. But- when u see him speak & when the war gets brought to him- I can see this playing out just like a Romney or McCain. Again, all pointless if we don’t: equalize the ballot harvesting, get big tech’s influence out of elections, get ahold of corrupt Deep state influence in elections, let them prosecute their opponents, etc, etc.

REMINDER!!!! It’s PRIDE MONTH!!!! LGBTQ*]*|*<*}+]+|++<*}<^%]^_^}%] - whatever. I’ve herd this 3 times this am. Once was on program for kids. It’s so IN YOUR FACE - it’s crazy. Listen- I don’t care if you identify as a frog…. Whatever…. BUT…. 1) don’t throw it in my kids face every Frigin day. 2) don’t silence an opposing view because they believe it’s: Bizarre. Or wrong. Or concerned for a troubled human being.
My wife’s co-worker at wellsfargo was FIRED when they ran for our school board & posted that “I would make parents aware if the children checked out books with naked Trans people. Or performing sex acts”. Pretty close to that. He was called a “trans-phobe” online & they tagged Wellsfargo & a “wealthy trans person” threatened to pull funds out & shame WF. Dude was fired. TRUE STORY!!!! Happens all the time!!!!! Silence the opposition. From the party that used to be for free speech & debate of ideas!!!

I don’t even care to debate the LGBTQ issues themselves here. But I have a question for ANYONE on either side…. Can we all agree this is WAY WAY out of control? You cannot avoid it. It’s thrown in your face. Hear it daily. ALL BY DESIGN!!!
The main issue: THE CHILDREN HEAR IT DAILY!!!! It’s shoved down their throats. They can’t question it & will be punished for a differing view. Adults are silenced & livelihoods threatened. This world is upside down. Biden & left embrace this madness. They promote it. They & their system Shame & silence anyone with differing views. The world is upside down!!
All sorts of issues like this is why I’d bet 90% of hunters & folks who love outdoors are Conservatives.
I’m Off to baseball & the farm and so thankful for normal people in a RED state. Sorry on the rant- 3rd time hearing this by 8 am today- had to rant & now go enjoy this gorgeous day.
If i were from outerspace and landed here and relied on the news as my source i would think the entire earth was Trans/LBGTQ.

Last edited:
REMINDER!!!! It’s PRIDE MONTH!!!! LGBTQ*]*|*My wife’s co-worker at wellsfargo was FIRED when they ran for our school board & posted that “I would make parents aware if the children checked out books with naked Trans people. Or performing sex acts”. Pretty close to that. He was called a “trans-phobe” online & they tagged Wellsfargo & a “wealthy trans person” threatened to pull funds out & shame WF. Dude was fired. TRUE STORY!!!! Happens all the time!!!!! Silence the opposition. From the party that used to be for free speech & debate of ideas!!!

My mantra has always been, “Do what you do, but don’t shove it in my face and I will do the same.” The coverage is way overblown. Like slick said, you’d think everybody was trans by the proportion of coverage they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I’m being punked. I would never have guessed there’s anyone on this site (a hunter, farmer, outdoorsman) that would be voting Democrat & is happy with Biden.

I’m a bit at loss for words ? However….The Democratic Party is literally trying to take away guns, they won’t stop … gas/oil for farming/tractors/combines—nope they don’t want it . Climate change.

Cattle, no they create methane and that is an environmental hazard.

In Minnesota the Democratic Party voted to give State Parks to Native Americans, and they are silent fighting for Upper Red Lake. The tribe is trying to take the lake and shoreline from resort owners and private citizens.

As far as Biden he will go down as the worst President 10x over. Jimmy Carter will no longer be at the bottom.

Record inflation, record gas prices, no border, another Russian war, Afghanistan debacle, terrible economy, stock market has gone down for the most part, or dead even (no growth) no trade deals, transgender madness, he can’t walk or talk. He trips or falls off a bike about every other month.

VP is just as bad, if not worse. It’s a fricken joke ?? The military is at an all time low for recruiting and has Drag Queen events for the troops ??

If Biden runs again, debates, etc.. it will be elderly abuse !!

Last edited:
Yes. I don't think the Biden administration has been perfect, far from it. But I like a lot of things that have been done.

Of things you mentioned specifically. NO, I don't like the high prices. Grocery shopping has driven me nuts, and I am a person who is fortunate enough financially that it hasn't been a real burden. BUT, what should be done to fix it? What are the solutions? Certainly not government price controls, right? Fed needs to reduce the supply of money to kill demand? Is that what Republicans are calling for? (I don't know). How does that reduction in demand effect business/jobs? It's all a balance, right? Was COVID stimulus check from Biden a mistake? I got one from Trump too, even got a separate extra letter from him making sure I knew he was the person to thank for it.

I love parental involvement in education. I'm baffled by 1 student's parents saying "I don't want my kid to read this book," therefore no one else's kid can read that book. But more than that, I wish instead of these culture wars, Iowa was working harder to fix our roads and bridges.

Not sure some of your other facts are accurate, but we don't need to dig unless you want to. And yes, I agree with a lot of gun restrictions! I own several guns! I don't think very many democrats want ALL guns taken away. I think if people sat down and actually talked about this sort of thing, they'd be surprised on what they could agree on. That would be my hope anyway.
On the Gun aspect- I don’t think the dems will ever sit down & talk about it. They don’t actually want the problem fixed.

It’s way too easy when there’s a shooting to blame the right vs. coming up with a solution. They simply do not want this issue fixed. It’s a platform they use to get sympathetic voters & IMO will never be fixed.
If they truly wanted it fixed & truly cared about the people getting shot, they would find a solution. It’s easier & better for their base to have this argument against the right & cast blame when there is a shooting.

I feel like I’m being punked. I would never have guessed there’s anyone on this site (a hunter, farmer, outdoorsman) that would be voting Democrat & is happy with Biden.

I’m a bit at loss for words ? However….The Democratic Party is literally trying to take away guns, they won’t stop … gas/oil for farming/tractors/combines—nope they don’t want it . Climate change.

In Minnesota the Democratic Party voted to give State Parks to Native Americans, and they are silent fighting for Upper Red Lake. The tribe is trying to take the lake and shoreline from resort owners and private citizens.

As far as Biden he will go down as the worst President 10x over. Jimmy Carter will no longer be at the bottom.

Record inflation, record gas prices, no border, another Russian war, Afghanistan debacle, terrible economy, stock market has gone down for the most part, or dead even (no growth) no trade deals, transgender madness, he can’t walk or talk. He trips or falls off a bike about every other month.

VP is just as bad, if not worse. It’s a fricken joke ?? The military is at an all time low for recruiting and has Drag Queen events for the troops ??

Yep! The border is a disaster- google some myorkas hearings. What a complete incompetent director of Homeland security.

The App he ok’d so illegals could schedule times to cross a check- point & enter the country is embarrassing.

Spot on! If it wasn't really happening, it would be unbelievable. What's scary is that most Americans don't seem to care.

On the Gun aspect- I don’t think the dems will ever sit down & talk about it. They don’t actually want the problem fixed.

It’s way too easy when there’s a shooting to blame the right vs. coming up with a solution. They simply do not want this issue fixed. It’s a platform they use to get sympathetic voters & IMO will never be fixed.
If they truly wanted it fixed & truly cared about the people getting shot, they would find a solution. It’s easier & better for their base to have this argument against the right & cast blame when there is a shooting.
& most of the shootings are in Democratic stronghold cities such as Chicago, Baltimore, NY, Atlanta, Minneapolis. The liberal media totally ignores that.

They offer no solutions and they cater to criminals in the justice system !

& most of the shootings are in Democratic stronghold cities such as Chicago, Baltimore, NY, Atlanta, Minneapolis. The liberal media totally ignores that.

They offer no solutions and they cater to criminals in the justice system !
Liberal run Big cities have been a disaster for decades. They never change how they vote & they will be a disaster decades from now.

IMO- it’s interesting to see the groups that vote the way they do in general. By large majorities. LEFT: Big Cities, Hollywood, lawyers, most of the Media, DC, welfare recipients, atheists, socialists, academia, big tech, etc. I’d argue most of those are “fantasy worlds not based in reality or results” in general.
RIGHT: small biz owners, rural America, Christians, small government minded folks, middle class working folks, hunters/sportsman, etc. This group is more self reliant, wants to be left alone & productive in reality.

Spent ton of time in Detroit & Chicago. The further left the nation goes - The more we look like these places while most of the productive & “normal” people there continue to flee these places.

Lots of problems here for sure.

1. Let’s start with the pieces of shit that don’t work. No money for them period. Get a job or dont get paid. I will give you some support in between jobs but if you cannot find a job in 30 days the tit goes dry

2. No more off shoring, bring things back home. Tax breaks are a good thing if it means employing Americans and keeping things American made. Certainly better than being reliant on China et al. for life sustaining products

3. If you have a bone to pick with farmers, probably on the wrong website. Let the fields not get planted for a year and let me know how you feel about the subsidies. I don’t know many farmers that have 2 homes but I do know a lot that bust their asses day in and day out to make an honest wage.

I guess you would rather give the money for free housing and food stamps to the POS that hasn’t worked in 10 years, good deal.

Is the system perfect, nope. But let’s fix the stuff that is really broken first then we can talk about subsidies, etc and how we limit those.
I don't know that many farmers but I know of at least 4 with second homes. It sounds like you also know of some. Tell me what does a corn and soybean farmer busts his ass doing in the winter. Then again in the middle of summer. I get it if the farmer has livestock that's 24-7-365 I'm not talking about those.

I don't know that many farmers but I know of at least 4 with second homes. It sounds like you also know of some. Tell me what does a corn and soybean farmer busts his ass doing in the winter. Then again in the middle of summer. I get it if the farmer has livestock that's 24-7-365 I'm not talking about those.
It's a mirage. General public has this nostalgic image of the American farmer that doesn't apply in alot of cases.

I’m in the insurance business and yes there are federal subsidies for crop insurance as an example! Much needed in our society!

Let’s be realistic, is anyone going to spend $100,000, $500,000 ….or with big farmers much more than that to get nothing back (crop failure or drought) ??

Nobody would take that risk, the system would collapse …banks, seed companies, chemical dealers, farm equipment dealers. The risk would be way too high !

What does it cost to plant 160 acres, do the math ? It’s absolutely needed and it would be catastrophic if it were to be eliminated.

Last edited:
I can't speak for everyone, but in the winter we haul our grain to market. We bin our crops in the fall and haul it the rest of the year. We can hold about 270k bushels. Also in the winter we do maintenance on spring equipment. If we were to take it to the dealership, it would cost a fortune. Summer is spent spraying fields, spraying fencerows, scouting fields for pests, more grain hauling, getting harvest equipment serviced and repaired and cleaning out grain bins and grain handling equipment. So don't think all farmers just work a few weeks in the fall and in the spring and spend the rest of the time counting their money.

Top Bottom