Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did they pull another thread?

Debates without having an open mind and without respect to opinions that don't conform with yours.... I can do without them.

I have no problems with someone disagreeing, it's the same "click" of guys who know everything, do everything, and know best regardless of others ideas that get old. Sometimes stepping outside the box you have lived in for years is the best way to see the answer

Our society is in a constant state of change and to keep up, deer hunting has to change as well and some residents are only wanting what's good for them and not hunting as a whole.......there is a bigger picture than just Resident landowners
Sounds way too much like the liberals stance on the Constitution for me to buy into this statement.

I have no problems with someone disagreeing, it's the same "click" of guys who know everything, do everything, and know best regardless of others ideas that get old. Sometimes stepping outside the box you have lived in for years is the best way to see the answer

Bkc

Your right. I've said the same thing. I don't care about tradition I care about common sense. Your also right about a certain few that rain on everyone's parade. It's an acceptable practice on this forum so we just have to learn how to roll with it. Not everyone is that way and I'm sure your have PM's from people supporting your ideas.

TR- it's not a liberal stance to bring up change. A liberal stance is entitlement, big govt, share everything, no guns, etc.

I'm one of those people that doesn't always embrace change, but when if it's for the best interest of the herd and make sure future generations get to have great hunting like we've had previous we should make adjustments.

The old saying "leave things better than how you found them". I'm a firm believer in it.

Debates without having an open mind and without respect to opinions that don't conform with yours.... I can do without them.

150 how do you take it that the opinions were with an open mind or not?
Just because people have a stronger viewpoint one way does not mean it is all or nothing to that person. If you also see I have said multiple times that a viewpoint is respected because that is the type of person I am when new things are brought up. Just didn't type it in all the threads.
We are all different my friend. That is what the world so interesting.
Good luck to you.

Where do you see the word idiot in my post? Even Bill Weinke stated that most resident landowners can't see it from the other side. Just because your a RLO doesn't make you any better than a non land owning resident! I own land that I've worked hard for but don't feel like I should get special treatment for it. Owning land gives me enough rights that non landowners don't have. Some people are just not fortunate enough to own land. Owning land doesn't equal owning the wildlife

On the main page where it was asked why the thread was pulled. Reason stated was to many idiots.
I never said that I deserved any special treatment but I did say I think they should get another tag. I still have to buy a hunting license and everything else just like everyone. That is just my opinion and I respect yours on it.
As far as owning land everyone has that right and can make it happen.
That is another story.

By the way several guys agreed on the post and in PM's, I pulled it because the same few people post on every topic and bash every idea that is not theirs! If you don't agree with a post you don't have to comment it on. Debate is good!

You kind of contradict yourself here. If debate is good then a follow up comment is in order? Or do you want everyone to just agree and all is good? Sometimes to find out the best solution you do need the nay sayers.
The reason I hate emails and posts is because sometimes by typing it out you really do not know what the other person really feels with the wrong word being typed. IMO

The same could go both ways you know with the click and knowing everything. :rolleyes:
If you do not want an opinion or negative feedback might be best not to ask the questions then?
Some of your proposals mean more than stepping out of the box.
You are asking people to possibly give something up that they truly
do not believe in and some will not do that without a lot of in depth research.

I'm one of those people that doesn't always embrace change, but when if it's for the best interest of the herd and make sure future generations get to have great hunting like we've had previous we should make adjustments.

The old saying "leave things better than how you found them". I'm a firm believer in it.

Baby - G,
I agree totally.

I do think what adjustments that we make may be the sticking point.
Not everyone is for big bucks and seeing 30 deer a night. Some are.
Some do not even care.

It will be a tough fight for whichever road we travel.

A liberal stance is entitlement, big govt, share everything, no guns, etc.
And their view on the Constitution. Substitute Constitution for deer hunting and you get this...Our society is in a constant state of change and to keep up, the Constitution has to change as well. That was my point.

I've lived almost 70 years and if I have learned anything it's that everyone has their own opinion and although I might not always agree with your opinion At the end of the day I'll shake your hand and call you friend. Every person is entitled to their opinion as well as respect for sharing it.

150 how do you take it that the opinions were with an open mind or not?
Just because people have a stronger viewpoint one way does not mean it is all or nothing to that person. If you also see I have said multiple times that a viewpoint is respected because that is the type of person I am when new things are brought up. Just didn't type it in all the threads.
We are all different my friend. That is what the world so interesting.
Good luck to you.

Perhaps my problem is with how we respond when our assumptions are challenged. Perhaps it it the charter that shows, or the perception of it. How some of us debate is my problem. By the way, this is not in regards to your comments, it is in regards to the thread that was ended.

What I think it comes down to is not the buck tags they give out.its the combination of the extra doe tags over the years and ehd. If you think taking a buck tag from everyone will help your crazy that's comments sense to me.

What I think it comes down to is not the buck tags they give out.its the combination of the extra doe tags over the years and ehd. If you think taking a buck tag from everyone will help your crazy that's comments sense to me.
Your right it won't make the numbers come back on doe's. The only thing that will bring doe numbers up is killing less doe's, so a doe tag reduction will do that. Buck numbers are down also. So reducing the tag allotment for them will help get the numbers up and the age structure along with it. If everyone sacrificed one buck tag for the next 3 years your hunting would be back to where it was or better...

Your right it won't make the numbers come back on doe's. The only thing that will bring doe numbers up is killing less doe's, so a doe tag reduction will do that. Buck numbers are down also. So reducing the tag allotment for them will help get the numbers up and the age structure along with it. If everyone sacrificed one buck tag for the next 3 years your hunting would be back to where it was or better...

Finally someone who sees the big picture!!

Maybe I'm crazy but did anyone stop to think that the CURRENT deer levels are where they should be or even still slightly high still????

I'm hoping most guys understand that seeing 10 deer a sit is fun, but it's also too many. I think every state is fighting this same battle against the "good ole days" and the ""good ole boys" mentality.

What's do you guys consider an acceptable amount of deer per section? Yeah and I already get it that is varies by section, but what's a legit average number? Is 20 ok, what about 30 or 40?

What do you guys really consider acceptable?

Has anyone done a census on their property to know what they have?

i agree with reducing doe tags and subtracting a buck tag (2 for LO and 1 for non LO) but how are we goin to get this proposal to the gov. and get them to agree on something?

Also to answer the question in the post above, i think the section my grandpas ground sits on holds rough 40 deer.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm crazy but did anyone stop to think that the CURRENT deer levels are where they should be or even still slightly high still???? I'm hoping most guys understand that seeing 10 deer a sit is fun, but it's also too many. I think every state is fighting this same battle against the "good ole days" and the ""good ole boys" mentality. What's do you guys consider an acceptable amount of deer per section? Yeah and I already get it that is varies by section, but what's a legit average number? Is 20 ok, what about 30 or 40? What do you guys really consider acceptable? Has anyone done a census on their property to know what they have?

We're not talking about the state of Indiana.. Lol

We're talking about Iowa. The Whitetail World Mecca!

Indiana has awful deer density except in the very southern part of the state. If you only have 20 deer in a section you likely won't have any mature deer....

Top Bottom