Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Digital Camera

Fulldrw

I want to get a digital camera for taking pics of wildlife and taking harvest pics in addition to being able to take vacation pics. I have been eyeing the sony dsc-h2. Is that a camera that would fit the bill. I would like to also hear feedback on cameras that other's have. Thanks.

Debated between the Sony H2 and the Canon S3IS myself for months. Finally, ended up with the canon based upon some recommendations from some people I talked with, it is 6MP instead of 7 like the sony but if you hold two pics side by side you won't tell much of a difference. My decision to purchase was based off a few things, 1.) the Canon provides a terrific Image Stabilization even at high zoom, 2.) the advanced (manual) options on the canon are a bit better (not that I will ever use them but just in case) and 3.) I figured Canon specializes in Cameras and Cameras only so they ought to know what they are doing while Sony makes everything.

The other thing I disliked about the Sony was you have to purchase a Sony specific memory stick which runs 50-100 bucks while you can pick up any SD stick (I got a 1GB Sandisk stick for $5) for any other camera on the market. Just my .02 cents, they are both great cameras and I am sure both will suit everything you mentioned plus more. If you want to see some pics from the canon let me know.

Kratz

As mentioned in that post, I got the Sony H5 for my wife. She has taken a couple photo classes since Christmas to learn how to use it better, and how to compose better pictures. I'm very impressed with the photo quality from the H5. Don't overlook it. Check out user reviews on various sites, and that will help (or further confuse) you.

Top Bottom