Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR Wildlife Rules: ICN Public Meeting, Feb 24, 2016, 6 -9 PM

Rjack

I just saw this on DNR page. Please check for the locations and attend if you would to provide input. Please pass along to others. There are always "I didn't know about that" after it is over.

Right now, the announcement is on the main hunting page.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting

The PDF of locations can be found here
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/icn_media_list.pdf

I've copied in the current list, but be aware it changed last year to please check the PDF link as time gets closer.

Boone
DMACC ‐ Boone Campus
1125 Hancock Dr., Rm #117 & #118

Calmar
Northeast Iowa Community College Dairy Ed Center
1527 Hwy 150 South, Rm #114

Clinton
Clinton Community College
1000 Lincoln Blvd, Rm #105
Enter by ramp and tennis courts across from learning
center

Council Bluffs
Lewis Central Mid School Office, 3820 Harry Langdon
Blvd
Park in single lot in front of building along Langdon Blvd,
enter front door by sign for ICN Room

Creston
Creston High School, 601 West Townline Road, Rm #404
Enter the south main doors.

Iowa City
Kirkwood Community College
1816 Lower Muscatine Rd, Main Building, Rm #117
Enter back door near bookstore.

Johnston
Johnston High School
6501 NW 62nd Ave, Rm #226

Marshalltown
Iowa Valley Community College
Continuing Ed. Center, 3702 S Center Street

Mason City
North Iowa Area Community College
500 College Drive, Rm CB118

Ottumwa
Ottumwa High School, Voc. Tech. Building
501 E 2nd Street, Rm #157

Peosta
Northeast Iowa Community College
10250 Sundown Rd, Rm #115
Sac City
East Sac County Middle School
300 S 11th Street, RM #151

Sargeant Bluff
Sergeant Bluff‐Luton Senior High School
Port Neal Road
Use the SW entrance by the Greenhouse.

Sheldon
Northwest Iowa Community
603 W Park Street, Bldg D, Rm #402

Spencer
Spencer High School
800 E 3rd Street

Tripoli
Tripoli High School
209 8th Avenue SW

West Burlington
Southeastern Community College
North Campus/Trustee Hall, 1500 W Agency, Rm #528

Thanks Rjack. There is a lot of good discussion on mineral or bait can I hunt them,how close or deer pay no attention to mineral in the fall. Here is your chance to get questions answered. Just show up to a meeting and you can bring it up. At the end you can even ask Dale Garner the question to explain the law. It might be hard for some as we're all heard people say it...... I don't want to get involved. See you there

I'm going to make it. Not sure on location and time frame yet but I'll be there. In so many words, the message the DNR & legislatures need to hear is: QUIT MESSING WITH THE DEER REGULATIONS!! As in, adding seasons, adding weapons, etc. So far, we're in good shape over the last 2 years but that's going to be on the forefront of my concerns ongoing in Iowa. EHD may come and go, deer #'s & hunter #'s may fluctuate but it's going to be the legislature who, IMO, has the ability to do the most harm to the future of Iowa's deer hunting.

I'm going to make it. Not sure on location and time frame yet but I'll be there. In so many words, the message the DNR & legislatures need to hear is: QUIT MESSING WITH THE DEER REGULATIONS!! As in, adding seasons, adding weapons, etc. So far, we're in good shape over the last 2 years but that's going to be on the forefront of my concerns ongoing in Iowa. EHD may come and go, deer #'s & hunter #'s may fluctuate but it's going to be the legislature who, IMO, has the ability to do the most harm to the future of Iowa's deer hunting.

Like this!!!

Bingo! ^ ^ Oh...I am going to shoot for the Iowa City meeting too.

I think one topic that could use some discussion is clarification on minerals and baiting. It's obviously had some high-profile news in recent days. I think it's worth discussing.

Also, the use of crossbows during archery season should continue to be limited to only those with a doctor's waiver.

Any other topics to bring up this evening?

Elk Hunter and I are going with all the stuff going on it will be a good meeting. Make plans to go or otherwise your voice won't be heard.

Make plans to go or otherwise your voice won't be heard.
I agree with this so much. There is a lot of discussion on here on things that are wrong/good with hunting rules/regulations in Iowa but whatever is said on here doesn't do any good. These meetings are exactly what people on sites like this need to go to.

Top Bottom