Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Doe Kills

Doubleaarc hery

I am working on a couple of posts, and speaking with some people about the "problems" we as the Iowa hunters face! There has been a lot of talk on IW about these issues and a lot more talk around other areas(shops, websites, etc) and I just wanted to get an idea of how many IW members are taking action!

This post is focusing around one particular issue our DNR/Legislatures are faced with, and that is over population! This post is not intended to upset anyone, but I am curious to know who is filling doe tags! I am curious to see the percentage of users here who shot x number of does, verse those who posted a buck in the forum!

Again, this is not singling anyone out, but is intended to give a reasonable estimate of the percentage of users really whacking does for the security of our hunting future. Also, to give recognition to those people for harvesting does, for whatever reason!

I am sure I will be placed over the coals by some people and will hear many excuses of why some did or why some didn't shoot does, and that is fine! Again, I am just curious as to how many people really have over this year(or years in the past) gotten aggressive in harvesting does!

So lets stand up and be heard! I would like to hear in this post from anyone who <span style="color: #FF0000">harvested 4 or more does</span> this year. With any weapon, I just want to see some quantity!! Let's stand up, lets see if we are getting the job done!!!! Lets show the other side, lets show that some of us are really doing what we can!!!

20 deer a new personal best with one weekend left to keep adding on.
13 does 5 with bow, 8 with shotgun
2 bucks 1 with bow 1 with muzzle loader
5 button bucks 1 with bow 4 with shotgun

My boy shot 2 does and a button buck also this year all 3 with muzzle loader.

All these deer were shot in Washington and Johnson county private and public ground

5 does, 1 with bow, 4 with muzz
1 button buck with muzz
2 bucks, on with bow, one with muzz

5 does so far, still a week left with late season.

2 doe's with bow
2 with ML
1 with rifle
1 button buck with bow
1 button buck with ML

My dad from out of state killed 2 doe's

3 does with shotgun
1 button with shotgun

I not into trophy bucks. Im just out to fill my freezer /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif You can count on me to mow some Does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GregBickal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 does with shotgun
1 button with shotgun

I not into trophy bucks. Im just out to fill my freezer /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif You can count on me to mow some Does. </div></div>

i spose ud pass a bigun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would like to hear in this post from anyone who <span style="color: #FF0000">harvested 4 or more does</span> this year. </div></div>

Yup, I harvested 4 or more does. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom