Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

draw results

stringleech

PMA Member
so i checked the draw results today as i know they came out earlier than they said they would last year. it appears the same this year unless they are just left on there from last year.. anyone else check.. looks like its going to be another great year:)

Saw on facebook that people were getting drawn. Someone was having an issue with their phone not updating the site from last year but when they used a computer it updated.

Had a few guys that I know draw zone 5 archery with 2 points so all with 3 should have drawn. I hear people that say they didn't draw with 3 points but not sure if they understood that to apply with 3 points is your 4 year of applying.Iowa is a true preference point where all with 3 points are chosen before any with 2. Another thing that happen is a group apples and assumes they all have the same points. If one member of a group has less the whole group is assigned with that #.

Had a few guys that I know draw zone 5 archery with 2 points so all with 3 should have drawn. I hear people that say they didn't draw with 3 points but not sure if they understood that to apply with 3 points is your 4 year of applying.Iowa is a true preference point where all with 3 points are chosen before any with 2. Another thing that happen is a group apples and assumes they all have the same points. If one member of a group has less the whole group is assigned with that #.

I saw a result of 1 guy that said 3 pref points and unsuccessful so not sure

Points just give you a higher probability of getting drawn. More names in the hat so to speak. There are tons that have drawn with none and have not with 3. Just the way it is, you are not guaranteed anything. Gun and muzzleloader odds are much higher. It's a true draw.

Correct. It also is per zone. Tags per zone drawn by applicants per zone. Some zones take fewer points, or no points, to get drawn.

Points just give you a higher probability of getting drawn. More names in the hat so to speak. There are tons that have drawn with none and have not with 3. Just the way it is, you are not guaranteed anything. Gun and muzzleloader odds are much higher. It's a true draw.

Not exactly. Yes, there are some in some zones who draw with no points. Some zones even have leftover tags. Yes, there are more tags for gun and ML, so it is much easier to get one of them. What there isn't is a true draw for all applicants regardless of points. The most points get thrown in the hat first. If there are tags left over, the next fewer points get thrown in the hat, and so on, and so on, until all tags are drawn. Again, that is per zone, and per season.

I saw a result of 1 guy that said 3 pref points and unsuccessful so not sure

Based on last year's stats, that is highly unlikely, unless said guy was in a group draw. As pointed out by hans1, a group gets thrown in the hat with points equal to the lowest guys points. A group of guys with 3 points each throwing theirs in with one guy with no points, gets drawn as if they have no points. It is not the guy with the most points, nor an average of the group, it is the guy(s) with the lowest. All or none get drawn with that low man's points.

Does any one have a link to the list of auction tags. Have one friend who wants to try for one. I think that every year different groups get one to sell as fund raiser.

The Iowa draw is definetly not a lottery where each point is a chance.
It is drawn from pools of applicants everyone with 3 point would draw before anyone with 2 and down from there

If that is true how does someone with 3 points not get drawn and someone with 1/or none get drawn in the same zone?

If that is true how does someone with 3 points not get drawn and someone with 1/or none get drawn in the same zone?

6 zones with separate tag "pools" for each hunting season that is applied for. So between archery and muzzleloader there are 12 separate pools of tags. Each pool has a completely different number of tags available as allocated by the DNR.

Top Bottom