Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

dry land

shackdaddy

i moved back from iowa this year out to california and yes it does suck but anyways i have a bunch of land that my family owns and i want to plant some food plots we have blacktail and mulies on the land but i was wounder what your opinions would be on some food sources that would last through the hot weather and would be sucessful?

[ QUOTE ]
i moved back from iowa this year out to california and yes it does suck but anyways i have a bunch of land that my family owns and i want to plant some food plots we have blacktail and mulies on the land but i was wounder what your opinions would be on some food sources that would last through the hot weather and would be sucessful?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid "dryland" in that area is a little out of my league
confused.gif

I would check with extension people in your area for advice.

what i meant by dry land is the fact that we dont get the winters like you guys do we get the rain but a majority of the year its really hot so i didnt know if different plants would work better than others but no worries ill do some asking around here

[ QUOTE ]
what i meant by dry land is the fact that we dont get the winters like you guys do we get the rain but a majority of the year its really hot so i didnt know if different plants would work better than others but no worries ill do some asking around here

[/ QUOTE ]

Alfalfa is a good legume that can stand some dry weather much better then clover.

Rye and wheat are also "dryland" crops that might work well.

Top Bottom