Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Elevated Hunting Blind

roadking

I am planning on building a 20' ish elevated hunting blind to be used this next deer season. I plan on insulating it, putting in plexiglass windows etc.
Does anyone know where to get plans or how to do this?

I too was going to build an elevated blind last year, but ran out of time. I eventually purchase a Texas Hunter blind and am very pleased with the product. I bought the 10' double blind which is 4'X 8'. Takes a good half a day to put together, but worth every penny. The wife shot both of her early muzzleloader deer over a food plot out of it last fall. Here's their website:

http://www.texashunterproducts.com/

good luck with your project.

This is a pic from a 17 foot one built last year. Trust me, 20 is over kill. Id look into 12 or so. No plans, just built as we went.

396web9-med.jpg

I've put up 2 kit tower box blinds from Cabela's . You don't need insulation. Small heater and carpet floor to kill noise .They come with a metal tower you buy the plywood. I would use the green treated and galvanized screws .So much warmer than a open tree stand ! I was in a tee shirt and jeans it was below zero
smile.gif
Put in some coat hooks you'll use them
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
One important point is to tie them down as in Vmans pict. (learn from others mistakes
grin.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

doah.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

Quite the tower for sure!

My ground blinds are octagon shaped which makes for better viewing/less blind spots.

Mine are 7' because I shoot a bow out of them. Only problem I have is windows frosting up but the Little Buddy heater does help.

You can make them airtight and add a vent pipe straight up as high as possible to vent scent above the deer.

Top Bottom