Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Face Paint, Mask, nothing???

jlarson007

In recent years I have relied on a pull over mask to hide my face with camo while bow hunting. This year I have decided to not use it and go the route of some eye black/ camo paste.

What do you all use? Or do some of you just go with out??

Lightweight camo mesh facemask when it's warm and switch to a thick warm one when it gets cold. On a side note, for cold weather hunting, that warm facemask is one of the best clothing items I've ever bought. Keeping your neck and face warm does wonders!

My face being cold doesnt bother me too much but I do where a neckerchief to keep the draft from going down my back.

I have a pull up face mask but I just leave it around my neck til I see a deer, then I pull it up. If I'm in one my better concealed stands I won't wear anything to cover my face, until it gets cold and I need it

I like UA's coldgear facemask. Dont really care for facepaint. Gets messy in warm weather and kindof has an odor I think.

I wear paint. Because I like to have something covering up my face, but the facemasks I have worn seem to make my face itch and annoy me more than anything.

I just grow a beard. Face paint is icky and a face mask gets in the way of my anchor. Mountain man hunting beard all the way baby.

I wear a little cheap couple dollar camo mesh mask when it is warm out. Once it gets cold I have a warmer face mask (stocking cap like). When its warmer I'm not sure if it really makes a difference in a stand, but in my blind theres been a few times I'm sure its helped conceal me. Whenever I see a decent deer coming I have to try and pull them down quick though, I just can't shoot with them on.

Top Bottom