Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fake Cam pic

IowaBow

shotdeer.jpg

I know i've stirred some controversy about the above pic but i'm not an expert.

However one of the guys on my crew at work is in the Air National Guard, his CO, is a digital photo analysist (sp) for law enforcement.

I sent my coworker this pic while he is at guard this weekend to have his boss look at it.

He says flat out it's a fake pic, the buck has been pasted, overlayed onto the background, the arrow also, and that it appears it's a dead deer lieing on the ground on it's side that has been posted into the background.

That is from an expert in the field, not me.

FYI

Not disagreeing or trying to start a fight but do dead deer's tails stick straight out like that?

Would not be hard to do, notice you can't see the tip of the tail, someone or something could be holding it straight out for the pic.

I also think it is fake, mainly because the ear position screams dead deer to me.

Although the leap the deer has taken in the photo looks like the mule kick jump after being shot with an arrow, there is already blood smeared up the arrow shaft, on the side of the deer and the inside of the front leg, which leads me to believe this photo is fake because i am sure it would not have bled this much by then.

I can assure you that the "ghost" appearance of the deer is common for digital images on deer in motion. I have seen it on the Cudde's and on my homebrews regularly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckmaster14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would not be hard to do, notice you can't see the tip of the tail, someone or something could be holding it straight out for the pic.

I also think it is fake, mainly because the ear position screams dead deer to me.

Although the leap the deer has taken in the photo looks like the mule kick jump after being shot with an arrow, there is already blood smeared up the arrow shaft, on the side of the deer and the inside of the front leg, which leads me to believe this photo is fake because i am sure it would not have bled this much by then. </div></div>
I disagree & agree with Shredder. If you had a shaft hit you in the heart your ears would drop too! I zoomed in & the blood on the shot exit, it's not just on the leg which leaves me to believe it's a live photo. I watched two hunting shows recently & the bloodflew out on impact just like that. The other deer hauling ass in the picture also convinces me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shredder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can assure you that the "ghost" appearance of the deer is common for digital images on deer in motion. I have seen it on the Cudde's and on my homebrews regularly. </div></div>

Not fake

Fake, to many white spots on the deer, body ect, and two , no deer will jump that high on a hit, hes 4 ft above the trees behind him, most deer when hit , will do the tail hop, and hit the ground running. i would say this is fake.I want to talk to the guy that submitted the pic, trust us, its fake!

I am an actual crime scene investigator and have been for 20 plus years. My picture screening skills are unmatched.....not really, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night and let me tell you its not a fake! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Front hooves are kicking up dirt and the muscle definition in the neck and shoulders suggest that the deer is NOT dead but is fataly injured and will be FOUND dead not far from where this picture was taken. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gundog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not disagreeing or trying to start a fight but do dead deer's tails stick straight out like that? </div></div>

DSC09310.jpg

I guess so!!! ( let me know if you can see the pic) (sorry for the sideways pic, I thought I fixed it)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent the picture to NASA, still waiting to hear back from them. </div></div>
spit.gif

Guys, editing a picture like this really is not that hard to do! View this thread where we had a little fun!

If Wegner can do it with no training, then imagine what a person with a staff of designers can do!

Is it Legit?

Skully,
is that a Bait pile in the bottom right hand corner of the pic? Corn? or grass, cant tell. sure dont look like flowers.if it is , isnt that illeagal?is that a Deer in the top left corner?i cant beleive hes still in the picture after a shot like that.i would have thought that Deer would have been long gone by the time the wounded Buck came into view. anyone else have any thoughts on this or the (corn)?i wish i could enhance it. if legit, a cool pic for sure.

I'll say fake........no way you're going to have that much blood on the exit side of the wound at the very instant you shoot the deer. Off side shoulder shots like that sometimes don't bleed at all since the chest and armpit seal each other off......regardless, too much blood too quickly. I'll say it's an actual photo of a buck that got spooked by the camera, but then someone added the arrow and blood.

I had good blood AT the impact site this year..... it started instantly and there was a blood trail leading to the arrow from where it left the body.

Top Bottom