Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite wildlife artist

Larry Zach RULES!!!!!
grin.gif

I don't have a favorite artist per se, but I love any of the artwork from the old school gunmaker calendars, Especially any of them that feature bird dogs.

For Canadians I have to go with a guy named Randy Fehr, great work on all wildlife. I actually went to school with his son.

South of the border I like Larry's stuff. Wish he popped in here like he used to, I enjoyed old buck's posts. If he did I'd have likely selected his print as my prize for the contest over the trail cam even though I'm hooked on the vman cams now. Reading posts from Vman and sharing the odd p.m made the decision very easy. Anyone know why oldbuck disappeared?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
He's still here just getting a little nocturnal.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Know what ya mean, I haven't taken a daylight picture of him in over a year!

Best time to hunt him will be at the Classic!
grin.gif

Love Larry Zach for the whitetails and turkeys, but for waterfowl, Maynard Reece gets my vote. Just love how he paints his skies.
applause.gif
applause.gif

I guess a persons favorites are those he is willing to spend hard earned cash for. I have Michaek Seive's survival series, 1 Larry Zach, 3 Rosemarry Millett pheasant prints, and 2 Marion Anderson mountain man prints so I guess those are my favorites. There are lots of wonderful artists out there most with their own little nich. It is usually tough to go to the NWTF or Pheasants Forever, or any of the other banquets without bringing something home knowing that one way or the other some of that money goes back into our hunting sports.

[ QUOTE ]
I definately like Zach, not a big fan of Redlin, how many sunsets on a cabin on a lake with cartoon looking deer watching a barn dance prints can a guy crank out? All of his prints look the same from 20 feet.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I definately like Zach, not a big fan of Redlin, how many sunsets on a cabin on a lake with cartoon looking deer watching a barn dance prints can a guy crank out? All of his prints look the same from 20 feet.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorit Redlin is called "The Conservationist". It's got two guys putting up a goose nest and working the habitat as geese are flying overhead. He definitely has his fair share of "sunsets on a cabin on a lake with cartoon looking deer watching a barn dance" but I think some of his work is great.

I've got the last three series by Zach and I love Millete's turkeys.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's still here just getting a little nocturnal.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Know what ya mean, I haven't taken a daylight picture of him in over a year!

Best time to hunt him will be at the Classic!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
LZ has always been my favorite
cool.gif

Anyone like any of the old prints by Ron Van Gilder. I have one of his called "Breaking Cover".
1913075565d.jpg

I would like to get a couple LZ's eventually.

The only print I have was a gift. It is a Larry Anderson print. It is signed and numbered 22/450, though it looks like he has decided to increase the run to 650. Abandoned Stand 1 Not a bad gift, but maybe not something I would buy.

The print that has really caught my eye is Goldfinch on Ironweed. I am really impressed with the color and detail of this print. I could even get away with buying this as a gift for my wife without her claiming that I really bought it for myself.
grin.gif
A person can't go wrong with any of Zach's work, IMO.

On the subject of artists, does anyone know who Painted the picture that was on the cabelas fall catalog last year? It has a big buck running out of a cornfield with a john deere combine in the field, and another little buck...hard to explain I know..but I couldnt find it anywhere..thanks
But otherwise, I have more Larry Zach pics scattered around than any other..Hands down the best and most I will invest in

I am a Zach fan as well. I would love to own "November Frost". It is one of my wife’s favorite as well. She cried when I gave her "Winter Pair" and her favorite is "Black Capped Chickadee" all by Larry. I recently sold "Winter Sunrise Whitetail" to make room for Larry first published print "1984 Iowa Duck Stamp". I am trying to get my hands on a few of his other early prints that push my buttons.

[ QUOTE ]
Zach. One of my favorites he did is November Frost

[/ QUOTE ]
I have that in one of his trio frames that has November Frost, Broken Solitude, and Winter Sunrise. It is one of my favorites.
My favorite Redlin picture is "Best Friends". I got that one for xmas two years ago and love it.

Top Bottom