Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food plot contest!

Central Iowa

Life Member
We are pleased to announce our first food plot post pictorial contest. Mid West Food Plots www.midwestfoodplots.com is sponsoring this contest with 1 acre worth of Tecomate Monster Mix and 1 acre worth of Tecomate Chicory. The contest will start immediately and run through August 15th in time to prep and get this seed in the ground.

Rules of the contest are as follows....

1. Create a post in our Whitetail Management forums - with "Plot Contest and your name" in the Subject.

2. Include a series of photos of your plot and explain the details of your plot. Details should include items such as type, planning, preparation, installation, equipment used, and maintenance. The more detailed the better. Include dates, layout plans, things you would do diffrent next time, etc.

3. Tell why you put the plot where you did, how you can hunt your plot or any other details you would like to share.

4. We understand importance of secrecy and seclusion so be careful not to give to much information ... the goal is to help each other in future food plot success.

After August 15th the PMA Members will vote on their favorite post and the winner will be announced on Aug 18th. Good luck and have fun!

Count me in!!! Does any one know how to kill weeds or grasses in CLOVER with out using something so EXPENSIVE as Whitetail Ins. - SLAY or ARREST??

Sounds like fun Travis!

Koba - use Poast Plus for grasses and Butyrac 200 (2-4DB) for broadleaves in clover...I hate to tell you this but...it's all expensive!
crazy.gif

I bet <font color="green">Rudd</font> &amp; Field Service will be getting in on this contest. They both know how to prepare a food plot……..
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How does monster mix and chicory grow on logging raods?

[/ QUOTE ]
Win the contest and let us know!
grin.gif

I suggest going to Tecomate's website for planting suggestions.

Yeah, I should be ready for a nice clover "observation plot " in the back yard in a month or so....lol Hope the new owners will like it as much as I would have.... jh

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I should be ready for a nice clover "observation plot " in the back yard in a month or so....lol Hope the new owners will like it as much as I would have.... jh

[/ QUOTE ]

And what a great selling point...see...you can watch the deer right in the back yard! (and maybe you can convince your wife you had a rhyme to your reason!)
grin.gif
grin.gif

I'm thinking that even if I really put some time into posting that Dbltree already has his name all over that prize. Doing great work.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking that even if I really put some time into posting that Dbltree already has his name all over that prize.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll pass on the contest, too many other food plotters that are working hard, learning and trying to do the right thing. I've been doing this all my life and now I get my kicks out of helping others learn from my mistakes.
I never stop learning from everyone else as well...so let's see some food plots!
smile.gif

I know i will WIN!! i consulted with D-Tree and have the Best photo's. TOTAL Clover first timer!!

[ QUOTE ]
Working on learning how to enter right now??

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Rules of the contest are as follows....

1. Create a post in our Whitetail Management forums - with "Plot Contest and your name" in the Subject.

2. Include a series of photos of your plot and explain the details of your plot. Details should include items such as type, planning, preparation, installation, equipment used, and maintenance. The more detailed the better. Include dates, layout plans, things you would do diffrent next time, etc.

3. Tell why you put the plot where you did, how you can hunt your plot or any other details you would like to share.

4. We understand importance of secrecy and seclusion so be careful not to give to much information ... the goal is to help each other in future food plot success.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys better get on the stick...pharmers got it wrapped up so far!

Lookin good pharmer!!
waytogo.gif

So when are we going to find out who won the Food Plot contest!
smile.gif
I sure would hate to be the judge! Everyone did a great job on their plots!
Congrats to all...because their aren't any losers!
waytogo.gif

BTW, Ron...my wife would say that I spend enough on my foodplots...to buy that pile of corn!
grin.gif

Top Bottom