Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Glyphosate vs glyphosinate

Just curious if liberty herbicide or glyphosinate is worth the coin compared to glyphosate 41%?

Trying to save money as a burndown against grasses,broadlefs such as milk weed and thistles. Just wondering if I made gyphosate extra strong by doubling up rate would do the trick against tough to kill broadleafs since I'm trying to plant anual sorghum screening in a few days.

Liberty is like 200 bucks for 2.5 gallons. Don't want to pay that if I don't have to.
24d is supposed to have too much residual so it might work against me in this tight time window. Since I'm trying to capitalize on this rain we're getting

Just curious if liberty herbicide or glyphosinate is worth the coin compared to glyphosate 41%?

Trying to save money as a burndown against grasses,broadlefs such as milk weed and thistles. Just wondering if I made gyphosate extra strong by doubling up rate would do the trick against tough to kill broadleafs since I'm trying to plant anual sorghum screening in a few days.

Liberty is like 200 bucks for 2.5 gallons. Don't want to pay that if I don't have to.
24d is supposed to have too much residual so it might work against me in this tight time window. Since I'm trying to capitalize on this rain we're getting
Liberty is a far superior broadleaf killer now than roundup. Roundup is still superior when it comes to killing grass. My advice is to shop around for generic liberty. We bought ours for I think 27 per gallon. Given that's in bulk, but you should be able to find cheaper. Also if using liberty, it likes to foam up while mixing so use a foam killer. Actually a quart of roundup and a quart of roundup mixed together per acre is a pretty good killer and fairly economical. Also I like using 3#'s of ams per acre when using liberty.

How does liberty do on horseweed? I’ve got my share I’d like to kill off but have yet to find anything that will do the job

How does liberty do on horseweed? I’ve got my share I’d like to kill off but have yet to find anything that will do the job
Not great. Better than gly on marestail though. U need 2,4-d or dicamba on it- especially if it has a stem. Very hard to kill. In corn - u have plenty options like those & atrazine & mesotrione, etc etc. In beans - if I have em.. need enlist 2,4-d with it. If not enlist beans- there’s a few more options. Might run heavy liberty & gly + ams + another like fomesafen, cobra, etc etc.

Your best and cheapest option assuming horse weed is Marestail, is to spray your roundup to kill the grasses then disc or till to get the hard weeds then plant.

Your best and cheapest option assuming horse weed is Marestail, is to spray your roundup to kill the grasses then disc or till to get the hard weeds then plant.
Horseweed=marestail in my neck of the woods anyway.

This is exactly what I did. Sprayed gly to kill the grass then tilled to get the horseweed. One pass, even a slow pass, just seems to slow it down some. Multiple passes are needed

Top Bottom