Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great Morning

CurtisWalker

Get out there guys. Just shot a big one at 7:00 chasing. Was going to shoot the doe until I heard the snort wheeze

Lets see some pics upon recovery! Us jealous working men who wish we could be out hunting but can't. Live through others experiences, when we can't be out. Good work, hope recovery goes smooth.

Wish i had a landowner tag to shoot another buck. I am on standby till gun season or if I get the itch to go shoot a doe.

I've seen the two biggest bucks I have all season the last 2 days. Lets see some pics, motivate me to get my arse out of bed and brave the cold tomorow am!

tracked for a mile. Good blood for the first 300 yards then slowed to drips looks like it was spraying decently at first.. backed out and waiting until noon to continue into the timber where he entered don't want to bump him.

tracked for a mile. Good blood for the first 300 yards then slowed to drips looks like it was spraying decently at first.. backed out and waiting until noon to continue into the timber where he entered don't want to bump him.

Good idea. Good luck! Any idea where you hit him?

Where did you hit him? you may want to wait longer than noon. A mile is a long way to track and deer and not find him.

Last edited:
I will probably end up waiting until 2:00 for a couple of buddies to get back from work,, Not sure where it hit him exactly due to the CRP grass. However it looked good and made the good shwack sound. Going to talk to the other hunters around also to keep an eye out for him.

Good luck finding him. Sounds like you bumped him up if you have tracked a mile before you backed out

Absolutely wait til 2:00. That way your broadhead has a little more time to do it's job, and you still have a couple of daylight hours to look around. Do you think it could've been a one lung shot, or liver? Clean pass through? Did you recover you arrow?

Absolutely wait til 2:00. That way your broadhead has a little more time to do it's job, and you still have a couple of daylight hours to look around. Do you think it could've been a one lung shot, or liver? Clean pass through? Did you recover you arrow?

It could have been one lung or liver. I'm not good with telling from the blood this being my 3rd year hunting. First the blood looked dark and further down it started getting more pickish.. I didn't recover my arrow can't find the exact spot I shot him in the CRP. So could have been a pass though but the arrow is under/in the grass. Hopefully the nocturnal turned on and if it was a pass through I can find it tonight.

found blood about 30 yards in the timber but could not find anymore. Doesn't help that snow is melting. Going to do a grid search tomorrow most likely. I have never lost a deer and don't want this to be my first.

Top Bottom