Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun Season Brings out the Worst

Thank you.. Being the first hunting season in 15 years for me makes it quite discouraging and makes one want to ask them self why they want to hunt when there are guys like that. But there is always one guy or group of guys that think they are entitled to everything. And private land is so hard to get these days. Good luck hunting the rest of the season everyone.. i might go for late archery we will see..

I watched a neighbors group drive every single fence row and draw today just pushing them with their trucks. I just think what’s the point…. They started towards my piece (where all the deer are holding up) and saw me and quickly spun around and left. So lazy but they are “deer hunters”

So i get gun season. Yea sure 12g, 20g, 350 legend, 450 bushmaster, 45-70 why not.. to me those are skilled guns.. why in earth do you and buddies need to backback mountian on four wheelers with hi point carbine type guns chasing deer shooting randomly.. man some people should get the privilage to hunt or own guns.. i saw that on my way home this afternoon.

I watched a neighbors group drive every single fence row and draw today just pushing them with their trucks. I just think what’s the point…. They started towards my piece (where all the deer are holding up) and saw me and quickly spun around and left. So lazy but they are “deer hunters”
I heard some group in Woodbury finally got busted for doing something like that. We'll know details when it gets to court.

I hope so because people like that give good honest hunters a bad wrap.. and pretty soon unless its family no one will let you hunt private.

I’m hoping the rain slowed the truck hunters down some. There’s a guy from my hometown that has a bunch of mounts…all but one has been shot out of his truck.

I have mixed feelings about gun season. I love to hunt so if it's legal for me to do so you can bet I'll be out there but I'd prefer bow. Every year my brothers and some friends will go out and we usually sit for a while both of the first two days. Depending on what we're seeing we might do some pushes in the afternoon and later in the week. We will only shoot what we need/plan to eat. This year we didn't really need any meat so we were horn hunting. We ended the season with filling only half our buck tags because we didn't see anything we wanted. I was talking to another guy who strictly gun hunts and he was like you didn't get any deer? Our group has 24 so far (on the third day) and proceeded to tell me they will likely give most of them to the HUSH program. I hunt mostly public so I don't need to manage for deer population and maybe that's what they had to do but I certainly don't need to shoot deer to feel good about myself. I could have easily shot 8-10 deer over the season. Some groups can give a bad image to others but remember they're not all bad.

Top Bottom