Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hardcore takes a nice buck!!

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
I set up my Lone Wolf Alpha hangon and climbing sticks at 5:15 pm tonite. At 6:00 I did some light grunting with a Primos rubberneck grunt call followed up by a Hunter's Specialties Adult doe estrus bleat can call. Within minutes this guy showed up at 60 yds away. The wind was out of the west and I was in a creek bottom that ran north and south. South of me 60 yds was a hayfield that does love to graze in. I was on the east side of the bottom and the buck came from the north and on the west side of the ravine and creek bottom. His scent was blowing towards me as I was east of him. He paused for 10 minutes just trying to find the source of the calls. He started working his way south and moving away from me so I grunted a couple of light grunts and he stopped and I carefully got my estrus can call and gave it one full turn. I turned my bowmounted camcorder on and he proceeded south and when he was at the end of the draw he turned and headed east with his wind at his back and his scent blowing to me. He stopped at 25 yds slightly quartering towards me. His head went behind a tree and I drew and as he came another two yds he stopped perfectly broadside. My arrow double lunged him and he ran off and I heard him collapse 45 yds away.
I tell you this was a blessing as I have not had any time to hunt this year as my wife had some elective surgery and my business has us buried. We have an out of state wedding to go to on the 1st weekend in November, a remodel job to finish off and many other irons in the fire. This was only my 6th hunt of the year. Now I can take some time to get ready for winter and relax and just doe hunt now. Thanks God. HCH...Harvested with a Hoyt Trykon XT, Easton A/C/C arrows, and Trophy Taker drop away. For you camo junkies; I was wearing Predator pants with a Realtree Hardwoods hooded sweatshirt.

buck3ak7.jpg

buck5na9.jpg

buck1ys6.jpg

I noticed this post while waiting to go hunting with my Sequoia longbow, wearing my ASAT camo.
As I used the scroll wheel on the Microsoft mouse attached to my Compaq computer, I couldn't help but notice what a great 4x4.
Congrats on a fine buck. Wish we had them like that here.
Now I've got to go put on my Wolverine Duratrax boots and go hunt.
grin.gif

Top Bottom