Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hawkeyes

Deer Nut

PMA Member
Of course this is a deer hunting site but....

How far can Iowa go? Until Ohio State beats both Michigan teams I will not be a believer that they are more deserving of a birth than the Hawks. They have not beaten anyone in the top 25 and Iowa has beaten 2 of them. We've both had fairly weak schedules though.

Think about this - If the committee didn't know the team names, didn't know who coached them and only went by stats on paper, how would the rankings look? If they didn't know anything from last season or anything about the style of play, how would that change things? People keep talking about the "eyeball test" and bias toward a certain style of play and I believe this has a big effect on how they vote every Tuesday. I just think if you remove the colors and the names the rankings would look differently. AND - remove the knowledge of who they still have left on their schedule to play. I think that also plays a role in "forecasting" a teams current ranking.

Annnnd GO!

"Hmm where is my popcorn?" :D

We need to first take care of Purdue right away in the first half of the game this week so we can start resting players. We play the Huskers on a short "not typical" week of Thanksgiving while the Huskers have an extra week of rest and more time to prepare for the hawks. If the Huskers win, they are bowl eligible. It will be their superbowl. To be quite honest, I will be out of my mind nervous for that game if we are 11-0. If by chance we make it out of Lincoln 12-0... it will all come down to the Big 10 championship. At this point, we need OSU to keep winning so we play them in the big 10 champ game to validate our spot. And at that point, they have no choice but to have IOWA in the playoff. OSU is still deserving right now to be ahead of the hawks...they won it all last year when they were supposed to get spanked... haven't lost yet... their time is coming! Doesn't matter how ... just win baby!!! Things will take care of themselves. GO HAWKS

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said. I'll be shaking like a coon hound passing a peach pit when we play Nebraska! But if we win out I do hope we get a chance to beat OSU. There wouldn't be any denying the Hawks if we beat the Huskers and OSU.

Iowa is the benefactor of a very weak schedule this year. IF IOWA beats OSU in the championship game then they are deserving of a bid. My prediction will be an OSU route and I hate OSU. Good to see the Hawkeyes doing well though, hopefully the run continues. FYI watch out for Nebraska.....

Very weak? Yeah they haven't beat anyone. Only the Texas high school team or whoever that was. :)

I like to take it one game at a time just like the players and coaches are doing. That being said I am also nervous about Nebraska, seems like they always have our number.

Most analysts agree that if we win out, including the championship game, we'll be in the playoffs.

On a slightly related note, was anybody else at the game last Saturday? That place was electric to say the least. I watched it later on the "In 60" show on BTN and almost had chills when the crowd was chanting I O W A for Minnesota's whole drive. It was awesome!! Wrestling meet was pretty good too, great day to be at Kinnick!

You can tell you are tagged out Shep. :)
I know man It's going to be a long wait for late muzz. I've got one doe tag left to fill so I'll be bowhunting Monday. And then I'm moving a couple stands for muzz and squirrel hunting. Wife wants a few squirrels to cook.

I like to take it one game at a time just like the players and coaches are doing. That being said I am also nervous about Nebraska, seems like they always have our number.

Most analysts agree that if we win out, including the championship game, we'll be in the playoffs.

On a slightly related note, was anybody else at the game last Saturday? That place was electric to say the least. I watched it later on the "In 60" show on BTN and almost had chills when the crowd was chanting I O W A for Minnesota's whole drive. It was awesome!! Wrestling meet was pretty good too, great day to be at Kinnick!

It was awesome except the fact that prevent defense couldn't stop a nose bleed and Minnesota marched it right through them for a touchdown. They came very close to finding a way to piss the game away, luckily their kicker didn't give them the chance they needed.

I'm a die hard Hawk fan and I think they have the potential to beat anyone in the country right now, but Iowa also has a tendency to drop games like the one coming up Saturday against a terrible Purdue team.

10.....and 0- cup cake schedule blah blah blah- 10-0:) Win or lose I sure hope both iowa and Ohio state are undefeated for a 1 game playoff into the playoffs- been a while since Iowa has had such meaningful games and I love it. Maybe jake arrieta can show up for a little one game playoff mojo!

Better be prepared for OSU. If they continue to have such monumental, momentum building wins like they did last Saturday, they will be tough to beat!

Top Bottom