Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hawkeyes

If Iowa beats Nebraska now they are definitely top 4. Boys, pretty sure we're looking at the playoffs. Thank you Michigan State.

If Iowa beats Nebraska now they are definitely top 4. Boys, pretty sure we're looking at the playoffs. Thank you Michigan State.
I think MS will jump over Iowa the way the selection folks look at things even though I don't think they should. Iowa will have to win out before the committee will consider them.

Thank God OSU lost, now we don't have to hear about them for a while!
This isn't that great if Iowa doesn't win out. If we get beat once and osu stays with one loss the rose bowl prolly takes them over us. I woulda rather seen msu pick up their 2nd loss and take our chances beating osu. Sent from my iPhone using IW

Yes it was. Nebraska beat the Spartans and had me worried coming in. A bowl game on the line and 2 weeks to prepare. But Iowa did what it has done so far this season and take care of business.

Congrats to IA. That was a tough position to be in for the safety in making the hit on the low diving receiver. It was the right call but I don't believe he was intentionally targeting. The IA kid who got hit by his own teammate in trying to make a tackle on the sideline seemed to be hurting worse. That was an unfortunate helmet to helmet hit as well. Have you heard any word on him?

IA only winning by eight after NE's quarterback seemed to target IA dbs and lbs more than his receivers doesn't mean IA played well. The qb should of had 6 or 7 int but they were dropped. He has been int prone the entire season and doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.

The NE kids on IA's team made some good plays last night. I wish Drew Ott would still be playing as he was a wrecking crew at his DE position.

I will be rooting for IA in the championship and hope they get a chance to put it all together on the national stage and run the table like OSU last year. However I do think a high powered offense will tear IA's defense up but miracles can happen.

Last edited:
I am happy for IA as a Hawkeye fan. It definately was not a great performance on either side of the ball though. Running game had some good stretches in the game put the passing game was not very consistent. QB had decent but not great protection and seemed a bit rushed most of the game. Tough throwing conditions.

Yes it was a good win! We looked pretty good yesterday. That targeting call was a scary moment!
I don't know about looked pretty good? 3rd downs or lack of 3rd downs didn't look good and if it wasn't for poor passing from Armstrong we may not have left Lincoln with a trophy! NE is a better team than their record shows.

Yeah I think it was what 0 for 8 on 3rd down conversions? I'm just an Iowa fan trying to stay positive :)

I agree but we also didn't air it out trying to make something happen on 3rd downs in the windy and cold conditions and give it away.

Top Bottom