Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HD Video camera

rarndt16

I love filming while I'm out hunting but am sick of my little hand held camera with crap quality. Are there any HD cameras out there that arnt gonna cost an arm and a leg that I can pick up this year? Getting a go pro to mount on my bow and so I need a little bit nicer camera to strengthen my armature videos;)

Honestly i would recommend you just buy a nice DSLR camera. They are a lot more flexible than a general video camera. You can also buy other lenses and take amazing still shots. Last year my dad and i filmed with a Sony AX2000. (video camera) This year i am filming with my Canon T3i. Just my opinion...

cjgarrett said:
Honestly i would recommend you just buy a nice DSLR camera. They are a lot more flexible than a general video camera. You can also buy other lenses and take amazing still shots. Last year my dad and i filmed with a Sony AX2000. (video camera) This year i am filming with my Canon T3i. Just my opinion...

How is the zoom quality and strength on the canon t3i? I like the price a lot better on that one!

How is the zoom quality and strength on the canon t3i? I like the price a lot better on that one!

Well the standard lens that comes with it is only 18-55 mm. But you can buy tons of different lenses. I bought a 18-250mm lens that i think will work great for bow hunting. I will have an opportunity to try it out during youth season so i will let you know.

cjgarrett said:
Well the standard lens that comes with it is only 18-55 mm. But you can buy tons of different lenses. I bought a 18-250mm lens that i think will work great for bow hunting. I will have an opportunity to try it out during youth season so i will let you know.

Yea if you remember just pm me and let me know. I like the idea that you have. I've really gotten Into outdoor photography so the still shots would be nice too.

DSLRs take real nice videos. Only issue with trying to film a hunt is running the zoom and focus isn't that handy. They are just not setup to work like that. You can do it, but don't expect perfect results right away. It's easier over open fields, but a nightmare in the timber.

If you are looking for good video, I'd stick with a true video camera.

Whats the price on the Canon T3i camera? Also how much is the lenses for it? Id like to get a new video camera. Also how good of quality is the video on Go pros? Id like to mount one on my bow for a 2nd angle

Whats the price on the Canon T3i camera? Also how much is the lenses for it? Id like to get a new video camera. Also how good of quality is the video on Go pros? Id like to mount one on my bow for a 2nd angle

Check out B&H Photo. Good place to buy from and very helpful with question you may have.

Just get the t4i...I shoot tons of vid with it...I can do everything with it as good as a 3k video camera..no problem

Anything mounted directly to your bow will not capture the shot itself. The bow has too much vibration to get any sort of usable footage. At least all of them that I have watched anyways. For pre, post shot though it should be fine.

If you're set on mounting it to your bow, do not spend a bunch of money for a high quality camera. A lot of guys use the Kodak playsport for that, good quality for a little over $100. This year I am just going to use my smartphone to film from a bow mount. It takes HD video and I don't have to spend anymore money

Top Bottom