Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Head lamps

Fulldrw

I was just looking through my cabelas and i got a little interested with the head lamps. Think that they might be handy when getting dressed in the morning and when gutting deer at night b/c your hands will be free. I like the alaskan guide ones with the green light that doesn't spook deer. Any advice on head lamps? Thanks

I got fed up when I shot a doe with my son this year and we could not track it because of insufficient light. Took care of the problem with a surefire a2 aviator and could not be happier. Expensive but how do you put a price on tracking a deer with your son? It has a hat clip that allows you to use it in the bill of your hat.

I would second Rudd's recomendation of the Tika, Mine has a red filter so i don't mess up my night vision or blind my duck hunting partner while he's rowing to the blind!!!

I've got an el cheapo from wal-mart. Has three of the bright light settings and a red. I've had it for a few years now and really love it. Batteries last me longer than a season and it keeps me from having to hold a flashlight in my mouth. Its also very bright, with the LED light or whatever its called. Speaking of which, my cousin chipped his tooth saturday holding a metal flashlight in his mouth while going up his tree.

I have a one like tlambert is talking about and I got the Streamlight head lamp for xmas last year. Both work really well.

Yes and I have also tried to field dress deer with it and I just like the lights on because I need to see what I am doing or someone ends up getting hurt... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif One tool for many different purposes. I have battled lights duck/goose hunting for many years, deer hunting the same. I didn't want to walk my son all the way back to the truck to fetch another light then haul him back to track (driving was not an option), he is a trooper but that is a long way for little legs to travel. I am not battling anymore. This light does it all in my opinion.

While I am on the subject of not getting the job done I finally got smart and ordered a pair of mitts from Gray Wolf woolens. I actually had a pair of gloves this year that made my hands colder when I put them on. Bought the mitts and the handwarmer... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

K, I am done, need to get back in my stand... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

I like this head lamp, it seems to have just the right amount of light for me.
Badlands

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Another vote for Petzl!! Also, you don't have to worry about the color of the lense. Deer can't see any of them anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Limb spares no expense! He is rich! </div></div>

I can't afford to pay attention DOR. But after I figured what I had spent on head lamps and flashlights during my hunting career it was cheaper to buy something that will last me the rest of my life as opposed to getting something new every 2 or three years. I have little patience for things that don't get the job done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LIV4RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another vote for Petzl!! Also, you don't have to worry about the color of the lense. Deer can't see any of them anyways. </div></div>

I've also got a cheap Badlands. I'll take the Petzl any day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got an el cheapo from wal-mart. Has three of the bright light settings and a red. I've had it for a few years now and really love it. Batteries last me longer than a season and it keeps me from having to hold a flashlight in my mouth. Its also very bright, with the LED light or whatever its called. Speaking of which, my cousin chipped his tooth saturday holding a metal flashlight in his mouth while going up his tree. </div></div>

Dito. Everyready, the blueish white light is great for blood and the red doesn't spook game. $12. hard to beat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ironwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got an el cheapo from wal-mart. Has three of the bright light settings and a red. I've had it for a few years now and really love it. Batteries last me longer than a season and it keeps me from having to hold a flashlight in my mouth. Its also very bright, with the LED light or whatever its called. Speaking of which, my cousin chipped his tooth saturday holding a metal flashlight in his mouth while going up his tree. </div></div>

Dito. Everyready, the blueish white light is great for blood and the red doesn't spook game. $12. hard to beat </div></div>

This one has worked well enough for me also!

This is the light I have. Light It is not a regular mag lite, it is the rechargeable. It is the brightest flashlight that I can find, and it will stay charged longer than any flashlight that I can find. I also have a surefire (small one, don't know the name of it) lithium light, and that thing eats batteries like crazy. It is bright, but it usually craps out when I really need it.

Top Bottom